Holmgren is a whiner

runnerone

Reaction score
I haven't had the chance to comment on this 'til now so sorry if it's a bit outdated, but...

When Bethel Johnson made what appears to be one of the best aerial diving catches, I have ever witnessed, I was a bit turned off by Mike Holmgrens and Matt Hasslebeck's reactions.

I can see him challenging the call, because with the ridiculous scrutiny of replay and what actually constitutes a catch,
"Must complete the process of the catch"
anything can happen.

However, after seeing the catch from every conceivable angle, and seeing just what a spectacular job Johnson did to not only catch the ball, but protect it and hang on while his body slammed back to earth, how then could Hoolmgren continue to insist that the ball hit the ground and should be ruled incomplete?

He said, you saw it hit the ground, several times to the official.
Then the close up on Matt Hasslebeck whose lips clearly said,
"That was so bogus"

If that was a player on their team making that catch, they would have thought it was the best thing they had ever seen, but because it was the opponent, they saw it as an opportunity to exploit the NFL's rules to their advantage.

Sorry, had to rant, it really pissed me off that such an incredible play could be seen as controversial because the opponent can't appreciate a spectacular play from the other team.

Now where is that link to the seahags board!?

I can sort of understand Holmgren and Hassleback letting their emotions get the best of them in that situation. After all that play all but sealed their 2nd straight loss.

The Seahawks and their mouths were a topic of conversation last night on NECN. I thought Felger made a good point on the late show last night about BB's post game press conference. Felger pointed out that he didn't give his typical "that's a good football team we just beat" etc etc. Instead BB was putting blame on himself for a # of plays that the Pats blew on defense. Felger correctly pointed out that it was almost like BB wanted nothing to do with giving any credit to this Seahawks team.

Clearly Belichick made the team aware of comments made by Jackson and Holmgren during the week. And did Hassleback really call Harrison the "Dirtiest Player" in the league? What a Baffoon. He's lucky Harrison didn't get a chance to lay some serious wood on him.

They've just got themselves in the long line of teams that we've made our bitches and their acting like every other team that has taken their obligatory ass whoopin'....That's all.

Back