Honest Kris Jenkins' Article About Playing In The NFL

The Gr8est

"It's time to shut up, Fat Boy!"
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/s...fl-trenches.html?_r=1&src=dayp&pagewanted=all

Here is a very interesting article written by Kris Jenkins about his life in the NFL.

I don't know how much new information anyone will get out of this. I think we all know that, like eating sausage, watching the NFL is something we often would prefer to enjoy and not think too much about how it was made.

He does give the Pats kudos for using acupuncture and pilates training to help them recover quicker, and attributes part of their success to that.

He is surprisingly well spoken and doesn't hold back or sugar coat anything.

Well worth reading.

One thing that struck me was how important it is for players to get sufficient time in the off-season to let their bodies recover. It is something that we have discussed on occasion, but I think it is a contributing factor to the Pats first dynasty ending since the players played so many extra games and had less time for their bodies to recover in the off-season.

It also makes you realize just how hard it is for a dynasty to emerge and last in the modern NFL.

It WAS a good article. That said it's not 100% honest on his part since he failed to mention that his behavior was a big factor in his own health issues. After his first season ending injury in 04, he drank heavily and put on about 50+ pounds and ate like hell. I can't help but think that had something to do with his being out for the season...again...in 05. It would have been a good time for him to mention that guys need to take some responsibility also and use himself as an example.

Back