Huard maybe a Chief

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Chiefs | Huard May Receive Contract Offer - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 5 May 2004 14:25:48 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs may make a contract offer to free agent QB Damon Huard (Patriots).

Most likely not, unless he wants to be a 3rd stringer. Todd Collins is pretty much our pernament b/u QB right now.

SNR_Chief58 said:
Most likely not, unless he wants to be a 3rd stringer. Todd Collins is pretty much our pernament b/u QB right now.
There's always open competition for any position (on most teams). This may be what they have in mind. This kid is, at the very least, a solid backup on a lot of teams.

Personally, I think that Damon Huard is a better QB than the starters on many teams... I've never been terribly impressed with Trent Green... I've seen him make some awful decisions, when the pressure is on... IMO, Huard is not un-like Brady, in his decision-making process and that bodes well for Huard and future success for him in this league... I wish him all the best, as he has been a good TEAM member and I hope that he breaks into a starting position somewhere and has much success, unless he is playing against us!... I wish that he could remain with us, but I understand that it is a function of economics and the salary cap, that we need to keep less expensive back ups in Rohan Davey and Kliff Kingsbury...
BTW, Rohan's team (Berlin?) lost today to Cologne, by one point... I believe it was the first loss for Berlin, however... I only got to watch the last few minutes of the game, but it is being re-aired later today on the NFL Network at 8pm, if anyone is interested in catching it... :)

Peg said:
BTW, Rohan's team (Berlin?) lost today to Cologne, by one point... I believe it was the first loss for Berlin, however... I only got to watch the last few minutes of the game, but it is being re-aired later today on the NFL Network at 8pm, if anyone is interested in catching it... :) [/B]

I was watching this morning when it was tied at 14 and the Thunder was struggling a bit - then proceeded to gasp in horror as Rohan took a nasty hit on 4th down. He was hit at the knees and landed on them pretty hard. Took him a while to shake it off - but he did return. That guy is a warrior. Hopefully there's not too much permanent damage.

Back