I LOVE the Koppen pick......

Can you explain this to me then? Here is his write-up from Pro Football Weekly:

Notes: Redshirted in 1998. Backup in '99. Started the past three years. Second-team All-Big East center the last two seasons.

Positives: Durable three-year starter and the leader of the line. Koppen is quick off the ball, quick into his blocks, aggressive, tough and nasty. He understands blocking angles and position, makes all the line calls and runs the offensive line. Hard worker.

Negatives: Lacks ideal size, speed and athleticism and will need some help with huge nose tackles and really quick and athletic types. Just average lower-body strength and is not very explosive. On the short side and does not have a very large wingspan. Will struggle against really good players (see film from 2001 Miami game) and has a hard time getting movement against a big tackle. Loses a lot of battles at point of attack. Is not an accomplished long-snapper.

Summary: Much better football player than athlete and a solid but not super prospect. Has a chance to develop into a starter at the next level but would really help his chances of making it and having someone develop him if he could long-snap well enough to handle that chore for an NFL team.

Can't long snap?!?!? Another center that can't long snap? :banghead: From the same school no less! I don't get it!

:( :cuss: :Fart:

Nevermind I guess...

Someone on another board pointed out that although he can not LONG snap, he is fine at the SHOTGUN snap. Silly me, thinking if he could not do one, he would be no good at the other. :eek:

Undertaker #59 said:
Negatives: ...Will struggle against really good players (see film from 2001 Miami game) and has a hard time getting movement against a big tackle. Loses a lot of battles at point of attack. Is not an accomplished long-snapper.

Summary: Much better football player than athlete and a solid but not super prospect. Has a chance to develop into a starter at the next level but would really help his chances of making it and having someone develop him if he could long-snap well enough to handle that chore for an NFL team.

Sounds to me like they don't think he can make it as a starting center and will need to be a guy who can handle both the center and long snapper responsibilities to make up for deficiencies as a center. I would be suspect of a center who can't long snap because it is a similar skill to the shotgun, just a matter of degree. It seems reasonable that whatever problems he has with the long snaps would show up to some degree in his shotgun snaps. That choice was a bit of a head-scratcher for me when I read the scouting report, particularly after they passed on Faine.

Would you take a kicker who is not accomplished at kick offs? Let's assume you did, would you then do it a second time?

I'll tell you they are wrong.

Actually, the only player to b*tchslap Koppen over the years, was none other than fellow draft pick Klecko.

I don't know where they get this Miami 2001 game stuff, as BC actually ran the ball well on Miami.

http://bceagles.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/111001aaa.html#GAME.TEM

First downs rushing: Miami (7), BC (5)
Net rushing yards: Miami (165), BC (131)

Final Score? 18-7 Miami

And remember, it was 12-7 Miami, and BC was driving for the winning score. They got down to Miami's 9 yard line. St. Pierre tried to hit Burke on a slant at the end zone, but it bounced off either Burke's or Rumph's (DB covering him) knee, into the arms of DT Matt Walters. He tried to run with it until Ed Reed stole it from him, and ran it back for the TD.

And this was WITHOUT William Green.

Koppen was hardly dominated in that game.

Further, BC rushed for a net of 147 yards against Miami this year, with 10 rushing first downs to Miami's 11.

The difference is that this past year's game got out of hand quickly. It was only 10-6 at halftime, and 17-6 going into the 4th quarter. In a span of less than 3 minutes, it was 38-6, and the game was over.

I love this pick also, who know's maybe they will be able to move Woody to guard sooner than we think or have insurance in case he decides to bolt.................:thumb:

Undertaker #59 said:
Can you explain this to me then? Here is his write-up from Pro Football Weekly:

Notes: Redshirted in 1998. Backup in '99. Started the past three years. Second-team All-Big East center the last two seasons.

Positives: Durable three-year starter and the leader of the line. Koppen is quick off the ball, quick into his blocks, aggressive, tough and nasty. He understands blocking angles and position, makes all the line calls and runs the offensive line. Hard worker.

Negatives: Lacks ideal size, speed and athleticism and will need some help with huge nose tackles and really quick and athletic types. Just average lower-body strength and is not very explosive. On the short side and does not have a very large wingspan. Will struggle against really good players (see film from 2001 Miami game) and has a hard time getting movement against a big tackle. Loses a lot of battles at point of attack. Is not an accomplished long-snapper.

Can't long snap?!?!? Another center that can't long snap? :banghead: From the same school no less! I don't get it!

:( :cuss: :Fart:

Must be a BC thing, not being able to long snap.

Back