Keys to the Game

runnerone

Reaction score
I know we all could care less about this game, except for maybe our hatred of the spitting chin, :Eason: and all he represents;

and possibly the Patriot connection with Matt Hasselbeck and Lofa Tatupu.

Those tid bits aside. What will be the key matchups in this game?

A prediction if you will as to what could turn the tide of this game one way or another. I'm going to start with a non factor.

Jeramy Stevens vs. Joey Porter.. Not a key matchup.

First off, Seattle is going to attack Pittsburgh's overrated secondary. Many people are saying it has improved. While true, it's easy for ANY secondary to improve when your front 7 murders the QB..We Patriot fans should know this. So the key for Seattle's offense to be effective is how they handle the blitz. I think this is a very underrated, quality matchup. Also, I doubt someone as soft as Alexander is effective in this one. The dude can just not take contact..And he'll be hit plenty of times in this one.

Pittsburgh's key IMO, is running the ball and setting up the pass as always. Seattle has an underrated secondary, and a very underrated DL unit with Winstrom and Marcus Tubbs (someone who many Patriots fans including myself was very high on in the 2004 draft. If Pittsburgh can do that, I think they win. If not, seattle wins.

Sadly...Pittsburgh 28, Seattle 21:(

Thats the key matchup. Seatlles O Line vs Pitts front seven.

If the Seahawks can handle the first 17 mins of the game they should be up by ten.

If they take a 7 or more half time lead into the locker room they got this game in the bag.

Back