Mincey & Jackson reach agreement

Mythjp

Reaction score
Patriots | Team reaches agreement with Mincey
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:15:14 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots reached an agreement on a three-year contract with sixth-round pick LB Jeremy Mincey. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Patriots | Team reaches agreement with C. Jackson
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:14:37 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots reached an agreement on a four-year contract with second-round pick WR Chad Jackson. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

A couple of things on Jackson....

Brady said the following:

"I like him a lot. He's a smart kid," quarterback Tom Brady said. "He's really willing to learn. He's excited. He had a great, productive college career. He's coming in and he's really working hard. I think everybody is impressed by his work ethic."

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16956477&BRD=1710&PAG=740&dept_id=353135&rfi=6

And Jackson's agent had this to say about signing (per Reiss):

Agent David Canter, who negotiated Chad Jackson’s four-year deal along with his assistant Christina Phillips, said he was determined to complete the contract by today. "One of the most important things for us was making sure he started on the right foot and made a statement to Tom Brady, Corey Dillon and the rest of the leaders on the ballclub. Chad wants to fit into the team concept, and we believe by getting in on time it gives him an ample chance to compete for a starting job."

Sounds like a Patriot :)

I think all that is left is Maroney, Thomas, and Gostkowski.

Back