My Mock Draft

midgar8784

Reaction score
If you have a house...bet it on none of these being taken by the pats....but here it goes.

Round = 1 OG Xavier Su'a Filo - I went guard here, and he is my favorite. He played out of position at tackle most of the year due to team injury and still won best OL awards. Can play all over the line, which is a must. He will be here for sure, and I think this is a big need after watching the line collapse last year on pass play after pass play up the middle. 38 career starts which means he is durable.

Round = 2 TE Troy Niklas - I do not really like this TE the best for the Pats, but he is the best on the board at this point. More of a blocker and some of his shortcomings scare me a bit....rounds off routes, but I watched him do enough seam routes that he can probably be a threat for us. Amazing blocker, but I was hoping for a bit more of a pass catcher, so hopefully he picks that up.

Round = 3 OT Jack Mewhort - My fav of the draft. Literally played every line position in his time at Ohio State. Can play tackle guard, and center if need be. 49 straight starts. Voted Captain by team and Myer could not shut up about him.

Round = 4 DT Daniel McCullers - I hope he drops this far. Biggest DT in the draft and very disruptive....not much of a pass rusher but neither is wilfork, hopefully we can get that pressure from elsewhere when this guy is being doubled on a lot of plays. Really liked what I saw of him, he seemed to dominate inside. I know that will taper off at the next level, but....damn...

Round = 6 QB Brett Smith - Unless McCarron falls this far or we trade up, this is my next favorite guy if for anything other than he has a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses Brady did coming out. I mean its almost like reading Brady's bio from college other than Smith is a bit quicker on his feet.

Round = 6 WR Brandon Coleman - This is a stretch because he probably will not fall this far, but sometimes guys slide when teams make runs at other positions. He is from Rutgers....that is all.....ok actually he is pretty good too, Tall, fast, can block well too. When I read up on the guy, this line stood out. "Towers over cornerbacks, showing the ability to reach over them and pluck the ball" reach over and pluck the ball...yeah lots of that.

Round 7 = SS Daniel Sorensen - He is a rated 7th rounder by most boards....so we could take him in the second round. :coffee: Anyway, the thing that stood out to me was his cone drill 6.47....I think that was one of the best of the prospects, so it seems he can at least move laterally. Pretty good player, has athletic ability so maybe they can do something with him.

Back