NFC West team do damage in the playoffs?

TylerD

Reaction score
Getting off topic from the Colts (cant talk about them anymore tonight) Is it possible an NFC West team could do some damage in the playoffs? My girlfriend being a Seahawks fan still thinks they could surprise some teams if they make it into the playoffs......

For example if Seahawks win the division and get a home playoff game against a team like the Bucs (if they happened to make the playoffs) They could beat them, and then in the 2nd round play the Bears in Chicago if the Bears get a first round bye... Seahawks already beat them once.

Can anyone els see this happen lol? I normally dont care about the NFC, but I found it a bit funny that she bring it up. Being they are the worst division in the NFL this year. It would be a bit funny if a team like the Seahawks did some damage in the playoffs.... I cant see it though, but found it funny.

Getting off topic from the Colts (cant talk about them anymore tonight) Is it possible an NFC West team could do some damage in the playoffs? My girlfriend being a Seahawks fan still thinks they could surprise some teams if they make it into the playoffs......

For example if Seahawks win the division and get a home playoff game against a team like the Bucs (if they happened to make the playoffs) They could beat them, and then in the 2nd round play the Bears in Chicago if the Bears get a first round bye... Seahawks already beat them once.

Can anyone els see this happen lol? I normally dont care about the NFC, but I found it a bit funny that she bring it up. Being they are the worst division in the NFL this year. It would be a bit funny if a team like the Seahawks did some damage in the playoffs.... I cant see it though, but found it funny.

Seattle is one and done in the playoffs, IMHO. I live out here in Seahawk Country, and I'll let you in on a little secret about Seahawks fans: An eternal optimism that is unwarranted by anything even remotely related to reality. Whomever has cornered the market on rose-colored glasses out here is making a killing. ROFL

How anyone can look at the on field performance of Seattle today (yes, I watched the game) against a potential play-off team and think they could surprise anyone in the playoffs is beyond me. :huh:

Also, Mr. Pumped-and-Jacked is their headcoach. We pats fans have been there. :coffee:

I have been to a few Seahawks games actually (when they were good) and that Stadium can get UNREAL with the noise! Hasselbeck is hot and cold, he can have good games still.... He had a good game against the Chargers and Bears.... Lets keep in mind the Seahawks did beat the Chargers and Bears.... They have stunk it up the last 3 weeks yes... The Chiefs have the number one running attack in the NFL... Its not every day the Seahawks will have to play a team that dedicated to the run and that good at it.

As for Pete Carroll, I dont know much about him but anything was an upgrade from Mora last year.... That guy had no intensity at all to him, and after every loss he said the exact same thing lol... Were a good team that is struggling, we just have to work harder and things will come together. Pete has at least taken the team to a 5-6 record at this time... Something a coach has not done for Seattle in the last 2 years.

I have been to a few Seahawks games actually (when they were good) and that Stadium can get UNREAL with the noise! Hasselbeck is hot and cold, he can have good games still.... He had a good game against the Chargers and Bears.... Lets keep in mind the Seahawks did beat the Chargers and Bears.... They have stunk it up the last 3 weeks yes... The Chiefs have the number one running attack in the NFL... Its not every day the Seahawks will have to play a team that dedicated to the run and that good at it.

As for Pete Carroll, I dont know much about him but anything was an upgrade from Mora last year.... That guy had no intensity at all to him, and after every loss he said the exact same thing lol... Were a good team that is struggling, we just have to work harder and things will come together. Pete has at least taken the team to a 5-6 record at this time... Something a coach has not done for Seattle in the last 2 years.
Yeah, that 12th man thing - I used to work across the street from the stadium and my boss owned the team. It was LOUD. but, even if they make the playoffs they wont have many home games. And the wild card teams they'd potentially face would be far above tje Seahawks in a lot of ways. I think the QB Matt is pretty much ready for someone to stick a fork in him. He's rarely healthy now, and he's gonna get banged up the rest of the season (and he's injured now as it is). The ONLY reason Seattle will make the playoffs will be because of a VERY weak division. They may not even have a winning record, and still get in. Their offense can be explosive maybe once, twice a game. Their defense is getting worse as tbe season progresses. As much as i'd like to see Seattle do well, I just can't see it this year.

I agree with you totally... And I truely do think the Seahawks and Rams are the best worst team in the NFL right now. Both teams are tied for first at 5-6 in a terrible division.... But we have all seen crazy things happen in the playoffs... Part of me thinks Seattle would be destroyed by the Saints, Falcons, Eagles, Packers.

But part of me thinks where the hell is the team that beat the Chargers and the Bears.... Seahawks beat the Chargers.. a Team that destroyed the Colts tonight, and Seattle did it by a mile to... San Diego had a couple late comeback drives, but at the half wasnt it like 17-3?

They seem to be such a hot and cold team. I guess it just depends if they can get hot before the playoffs..... But yes that division is embarrassing lmao.

Pats and Jets are 9-2, Miami is 6-5.... Then theres Seattle's division... Poor guys :( Not a team at 500. that has to be a record of some kind..

Back