NFL videos of 1977 Patriots

Great stuff. I had completely forgotton Steve's short-arm throwing motion.

Love Grogan

Cheers, BostonTim

Great stuff- those names are so familiar to me. Having 2 WR's the caliber of Stanley Morgan and Darryl Stingley along with Russ Francis at TE - not bad.

That's great stuff. I was at so many of those games in that era. Gooood stuff.

Good stuff, indeed.

I've always thought that if you could take the players from that era and allowed Belichick to build a team choosing any of them and blending them with the current squad then there would be a hell of a lot more 1977'ers making a Superteam than a lot of people who never watched them play would believe.

It might have been 35 years ago, but there were quite a few extraordinary athletes on that team. Chuck Fairbanks might have been a dick, but he had a rare eye for talent.

I'd say at least a dozen would make the Superteam and 19 and 0 would be the result.

I'm gonna have a blast watching all those videos. Thanks, Steve1 :thumb:

I'm gonna have a blast watching all those videos. Thanks, Steve1 :thumb:

Your welcome! I've been able to watch a bunch of those videos over the last few days, and it's been great. From '74, '77, '78, '80, and '82. I really found them all interesting, with alot of forgotten stuff there. Just to listen to John Fanceca (spelling?) narrate all that good stuff. And although they show losses as well as wins, it makes the losses seem a bit insignificant, the way the films are presented.

The 1978 series of videos is interesting. It makes it seem the Pats would be a great team in years to come...it didn't dwell on any bad feelings. It highlited the new coach for '79, Ron Earhardt. Heck, all those videos made the Patriots out to be future worldbeaters! And John Hannah...wow

Back