Not the end of the world

6EFINRINGS

Reaction score
While I was getting no buffer today from the 3 Giants fans at work today, I was actually thinking about just how fortunate we are as Pats fans. Regardless of the outcome of the game, I know it sucked balls and all, but who the eff can claim to ever have been 18-1? How many teams right now can almost surely expect a chance to be able to GO BACK NEXT YEAR? This franchise is NOT done by a long shot. While the game itself will sit in my stomach like Chinese take-out for the next week, there is still a TON to be taken from this past season. Brady is still in his prime, Welker WILL BE BETTER NEXT YEAR, Our D-line is solid and not going anywhere, we have talent and youth EVERYWHERE except for LB. Face it, the G-Men played their asses off for that game, and for that I salute them, to be the best, you have to BEAT THE BEST. The Pats had their chances, and very well could have had a different outcome had some things go their way. They say this is a game of inches, and thats exactly what it was, a game of inches. So, a FU to all the Haters, at least we can say they had to beat us to do it, that counts for something right? I think I can appreciate more what humble pie really means now. Anyhow, I'm not bailing now, after enduring some hardship years, look where we are now, perennial contenders, what more can you ask but a chance to play for the Lombardi practically every year?.. End of Rant :D

3EFINRINGS on 02-04-2008 at 07:32 PM said:
This franchise is NOT done by a long shot.
Exactly! You think Belichick/Brady are gonna have a defeatist attitude? No way, they thrive under adversity. Hell at one point Brady didn't even know he was going to make the nfl, he didnt let that stop him from being one of the best. We've had a lot of shots at this point to win the superbowl, and i know we will have a lot more in the years to come. It sucks that we lost but honestly, when you're in it every year you're gonna lose some. We just gotta come out and win some more! Trust me this team will fight back.

3EFINRINGS on 02-04-2008 at 07:32 PM said:
While I was getting no buffer today from the 3 Giants fans at work today, I was actually thinking about just how fortunate we are as Pats fans. Regardless of the outcome of the game, I know it sucked balls and all, but who the eff can claim to ever have been 18-1? How many teams right now can almost surely expect a chance to be able to GO BACK NEXT YEAR? This franchise is NOT done by a long shot. While the game itself will sit in my stomach like Chinese take-out for the next week, there is still a TON to be taken from this past season. Brady is still in his prime, Welker WILL BE BETTER NEXT YEAR, Our D-line is solid and not going anywhere, we have talent and youth EVERYWHERE except for LB. Face it, the G-Men played their asses off for that game, and for that I salute them, to be the best, you have to BEAT THE BEST. The Pats had their chances, and very well could have had a different outcome had some things go their way. They say this is a game of inches, and thats exactly what it was, a game of inches. So, a FU to all the Haters, at least we can say they had to beat us to do it, that counts for something right? I think I can appreciate more what humble pie really means now. Anyhow, I'm not bailing now, after enduring some hardship years, look where we are now, perennial contenders, what more can you ask but a chance to play for the Lombardi practically every year?.. End of Rant :D
Look at it this way...

At least you don't have to change your username anytime soon.

;)

Re: Re: Not the end of the world

dred on 02-04-2008 at 09:50 PM said:
Look at it this way...

;)

Funny yet cruel. :D :thumb:

Actually, it is the end of the world............ I wish. What pats fans just experienced is as bad as it gets and your upbeat attitude is annoying as hell..........................

dred on 02-04-2008 at 09:50 PM said:
Look at it this way...

;)

lol that hurt...

FromDallas on 02-05-2008 at 12:44 AM said:
Actually it doesn't. No one remember's who lost.
Usually that is true, but due to the Pats being 18-0, I bet they are indeed remembered as the losers of this SB.

Re: Re: Re: Not the end of the world

HSanders on 02-04-2008 at 11:46 PM said:
Usually that is true, but due to the Pats being 18-0, I bet they are indeed remembered as the losers of this SB.

Maybe for the next year or two but 20 years from now no one will remember. Just the way it is.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Not the end of the world

FromDallas on 02-05-2008 at 12:53 AM said:
Maybe for the next year or two but 20 years from now no one will remember. Just the way it is.

I agree. Noone remembers the Bears of the 40s and honestly the 72 fins only get attention when a team is undefeated. I understand in this media whorish world the team gets more attention, but if the team continues to have success this will only be a small footnote on what is a great era to be a pats fan.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Not the end of the world

#12PF on 02-04-2008 at 11:57 PM said:
I agree. Noone remembers the Bears of the 40s and honestly the 72 fins only get attention when a team is undefeated. I understand in this media whorish world the team gets more attention, but if the team continues to have success this will only be a small footnote on what is a great era to be a pats fan.

Kind of like when Dallas lost to San Fran in the NFC Championship Game in '94.

Back