O'Callaghan, Watson and Wilfork Are "Out" vs. Jags

Dan Pires

Reaction score
Injury Report Update (per the Patriots media relations staff):
The Patriots report three players on the team's injury report who have been downgraded to out. Those players are offensive tackle Ryan O'Callaghan, nose tackle Vince Wilfork and tight end Benjamin Watson.

Well, that's a Suck-O-Rama. :(

Let's hope Maroney plays, and Harrison can at least do spot duty. Perhaps that'd lift the troops...

Mike Wright can play the middle. Dave thomas, in my opinion is more of a true tight end than Watson. Although Watson creates better mismatchs. The Jags need this game, they're going to come out with defensive pressure. Screens and play action is how we win this game, and of course no turnovers.

barney4PATS on 12-23-2006 at 09:10 PM said:
Mike Wright can play the middle. Dave thomas, in my opinion is more of a true tight end than Watson.

:spock:

Why don't you tell me why why I'm wrong instead of getting all star treck on me

barney4PATS on 12-23-2006 at 09:22 PM said:
Why don't you tell me why why I'm wrong instead of getting all star treck on me

Because it's your first post, and I'm trying to be kind.

Roll with it. It's hard for me.

It don't matter if Wilfork and Watson are absent....David Girard sucks anyway.

I just Hope I don't have to eat those words, but come on....

Girard is a ramblin' int waiting to happen. I see dead people...... woops....I mean I see Bruschi and Vrabel with big int's tomorrow...

folks, there ain't no mark brunell or jimmy smits or keenan mcardell or fred taylor the or coughlen the coach coming through that door

I thought this was football talk. I want Ben Watson to be great. I just don't think he has as good hands as a tight end should have. He's made a few great plays, almost unhuman like plays. I'd just rather see him go down with a 25 yard gain then coughing it up for an extra three yards.

There's nothing prettier than watching Big Ben Watson catch a pass over the middle and drag 4 or 5 defenders about another 15 yards. Except maybe Heidi Klum is prettier (but being a Patriots fan, I like watching Watson rumblin downfield).

I'm still not mentally over the Watson fumblitis, though. It's revolting, in that I'm still like a dear with the headlights on whenever Drew I mean Brady completes a pass (and he can complete 'em with the best, don't get me wrong bucko's). I mean, it's Brady to Caldwell.....will he fumble, oh god I can't look. It's Brady to Watson, will he fumble, oh god I can't look.

No fumbles or int's last week though!!!! It is a trend worth keeping...

Well that sucks the giant meat missle...

But hopefully, like last week, we won't need these guys to win. The Jags are better then the Texans, but if we can get pressure up frontm control their running game and build a lead on these guys, we should definitely win. And of course, as always...

NO F-ING TURNOVERS!!!!

:patriots: Go Pats!!!! :patriots:

PSC_Pats_Fan on 12-23-2006 at 10:10 PM said:
The Jags are better then the Texans, but if we can get pressure up frontm control their running game and build a lead on these guys, we should definitely win. And of course, as always...

NO F-ING TURNOVERS!!!!

:patriots: Go Pats!!!! :patriots:

And I'd add...I think the Jaguars are a decent team, and so I'd say they are infinitely better than the houston texans

(although the Pats did play a very good game last week, and that performance would have been quite decent against even a very good team...although they did pass for only a putrid 109 net yards vs. houston....that makes about 187 Total Passing Yards in 2 games.....woops....)

At the game last week, I couldn't help but notice that a 4-yard patriots pass completion is a real event.....yup, I'm a pats fan, who still genuinely believes in the team, and I like-a the coolaid, but isn't it an event when the Pats complete even a 4-yard pass this year? It's gonna be a trip if/when this team succeeds in the next few weeks and months...

Go Dillon! Go Maroney! and maybe just as/more importantly Go Faulk!!!

Back