Of the Patriots 3x Super Bowl Champions, who makes it into the HOF?

Plus, he shat in a bucket on the sideline. That alone means he should get in imho.
Years back there was an epic interview with Welker available where he confirmed / discussed that incident and confirmed BB gave him a game ball for pulling it off. It was so funny.... he alluded to Izzy clogging toilets in the locker room frequently.

I'm watching the Colin Powell funeral. It's beautiful-the most beautiful funeral I've ever seen. The gentleman who sang "How Great Thou Art" was magnificent.

I like this thread. There are/were many great Patriots who deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame, including those of the last three championships. They won't all get in-and it's okay. I always remember the '70's Steelers- winners of their four championships of that era. They had alot of players chosen for the Hall Of Fame! I don't remember all the names, but they were good players, on great teams (and some great players!). I really feel it's okay that the Patriots won't get that many players in the HOF. The Steelers deserved it, and so have other players. I'm glad things are imperfect. It's human.

I remember, I think it was Bill Russell who said he was proud to be a Celtic-more than he was proud to be in the Basketball Hall of Fame (even though, he tried hard not to have his number-6-retired by the Celtics!). I hope these Patriots mentioned, Great players, although not (or getting into) getting into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, feel like Russell did. I was an honor to be an important part of the Patriots, with Bill Belichick. They were winners, and are appreciated by all Patriots fans. That would be enough for me!

I'm watching the Colin Powell funeral. It's beautiful-the most beautiful funeral I've ever seen. The gentleman who sang "How Great Thou Art" was magnificent.

I like this thread. There are/were many great Patriots who deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame, including those of the last three championships. They won't all get in-and it's okay. I always remember the '70's Steelers- winners of their four championships of that era. They had alot of players chosen for the Hall Of Fame! I don't remember all the names, but they were good players, on great teams (and some great players!). I really feel it's okay that the Patriots won't get that many players in the HOF. The Steelers deserved it, and so have other players. I'm glad things are imperfect. It's human.

I remember, I think it was Bill Russell who said he was proud to be a Celtic-more than he was proud to be in the Basketball Hall of Fame (even though, he tried hard not to have his number-6-retired by the Celtics!). I hope these Patriots mentioned, Great players, although not (or getting into) getting into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, feel like Russell did. I was an honor to be an important part of the Patriots, with Bill Belichick. They were winners, and are appreciated by all Patriots fans. That would be enough for me!
No sports team with dynasties in all of sports history is more discriminated against than the Patriots. Lynn Swann is in the HOF as is Bettis and Tony Dungy. It's just insulting to anyone's intelligence to pretend those players are HOFers, and somehow ours, who are in the discussion for sure, are outcasts.

25 years from now, little kids will be in Canton asking their fathers why the Patriots the greatest franchise in NFL history

"Because, son, 99% of other fanbases and mediaheads were so jealous of their hard work and success as lazy, entitled people, they felt threatened by it."

This refers to players in the earlier SB wins, but no one seems to remember outstanding special teamer Larry Izzo. The guy won rings in 01,03 and 04 and although the NFL doesn't keep stats on special teams action, it is believed that Izzo's 298 career stops on special teams is the record.
And he made the endzone interception to preserve the perfect score reversal v Buffalo in game sixteen of the 2003 season.

Last edited:
No sports team with dynasties in all of sports history is more discriminated against than the Patriots. Lynn Swann is in the HOF as is Bettis and Tony Dungy. It's just insulting to anyone's intelligence to pretend those players are HOFers, and somehow ours, who are in the discussion for sure, are outcasts.

25 years from now, little kids will be in Canton asking their fathers why the Patriots the greatest franchise in NFL history

"Because, son, 99% of other fanbases and mediaheads were so jealous of their hard work and success as lazy, entitled people, they felt threatened by it."
I disagree with you. The Steeler players chosen for the Hall Of Fame were all good players. And I don't think there's a lot off people against the Patriots, except for some who are because of jealousy. Anyway, I'm talking about the players on the four Steeler championships of the '70's. Those were fine teams, with good coaching and good players. Carry on!

I disagree with you. The Steeler players chosen for the Hall Of Fame were all good players. And I don't think there's a lot off people against the Patriots, except for some who are because of jealousy. Anyway, I'm talking about the players on the four Steeler championships of the '70's. Those were fine teams, with good coaching and good players. Carry on!
Lynn Swann does not have better numbers than Julian Edelman. That's all I am saying. He also wasn't one of the NFL's all time great punt returners, nor did he ever play defensive back effectively.

I am just saying, everyone just accepts him in the HOF and then immediately says it's preposterous Edelman would ever be considered.

There are tons of players who got blown off to get into the HOF like the Bengals CB Ken Riley who had like 80 INTs playing for the Bungles in the 70s and early 80s and a WR like Cliff Branch who was every bit what Swann was if not better. I believe Riley just got in after his death and Branch still isn't in.

It's embarrassing watching the goal posts moved.

Lynn Swann does not have better numbers than Julian Edelman. That's all I am saying. He also wasn't one of the NFL's all time great punt returners, nor did he ever play defensive back effectively.

I am just saying, everyone just accepts him in the HOF and then immediately says it's preposterous Edelman would ever be considered.

There are tons of players who got blown off to get into the HOF like the Bengals CB Ken Riley who had like 80 INTs playing for the Bungles in the 70s and early 80s and a WR like Cliff Branch who was every bit what Swann was if not better. I believe Riley just got in after his death and Branch still isn't in.

It's embarrassing watching the goal posts moved.
Good point about Edelman being a fine punt returner. And Cliff Branch isn't in the HOF? He was a great receiver with the Raiders. I'd definitely vote for him to be in the HOF

Back