One assclown's analysis

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score
You know, this whole assclown thing really hasn't bothered me all that much.......................that is, until I log on this morning and find MY forum inundated with retarded Colt's fans postings. Can't you find somewhere else to put this filth? The "real" assclowns around here don't need their forum swarmed with HA, HA, HA posts and YOU GUYS SUCK threads.

That being said, the personality of this team has been established..........and it ain't pretty. It is so f**king frustrating to sit in those stands and watch such a pathetic defense. Granted, the Colts offense is the BEST in the NFL............but it's been that way for the last 4 years now. It is a sad commentary when Bill Belicheck kicks onsides with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and down by just 2 scores. Where do we go now? How does the genius fix this debacle? I think the biggest question is this: How did we go from a team that gave up 12 points a game, allowed 1 TD at home all year, and only gave up 1 play of more than 40 yards.........................to a team that ranks dead last in just about every defensive statistic??? How did we go from the best defense in the NFL to the worst defense in the NFL???

Don't tell me that Rodney Harrison's absence sends a team from the top all the way to the bottom. I ain't buyin it. I'm all done blaming injuries and making excuses for this football team. It is clear that the loss of Charlie Weiss, and Romeo Crennel are at the root of the Patriots woes. It's time to place blame on "wonderboy" Josh McDaniels, and 30 something Eric Mangini. These guys are not experienced enough to be leading the offense and defense for a defending Super Bowl Champion. I think we all underestimated what the loss of Weiss and Crennel would mean to this team. Do we owe a lot more credit to those two men than we gave them over the last 4 years? Should we take some of the credit away from BB and hand it over to our former coordinators? I'm ready to do just that.

For this year, the Patriots are NOT championship caliber. In fact, I would be elated if they win the AFC East and manager to win a single playoff game. With this crew, that would be an accomplishment. The sad part is, I don't believe that the AFC East is theirs to lose. I think they are going to have a very difficult time beating Miami next week. They've shown no ability to stop the run, and running is the one thing the Dolphins do well. Their defense ain't too shabby either. And as we've all learned over the last 4 years, a quality defense can keep you in any game against any opponent. I fear the Dolphins next week.

I guess that last thing I can say is: FVCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with everything you just saaid, with one exception. I don't think we miss Weiss that much. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to still have him, but the offense hasn't been the problem.

Losing RAC is really huge, and it becomes more apparent each day. Mangini was able to focus solely on the DB's last year, and he made something out of nothing. Now he just has too much on his plate. Kinda like Geno has on the field. Too much on his plate and not enough experience to deal with it.

So, losing RAC, Harrison, countless other DB's, Johnson, and Phifer has been a killer. You basically lost your balls, brain, heart, and big thick neck all in one short span.

Spinal Tap said:
You know, this whole assclown thing really hasn't bothered me all that much.......................that is, until I log on this morning and find MY forum inundated with retarded Colt's fans postings. Can't you find somewhere else to put this filth? The "real" assclowns around here don't need their forum swarmed with HA, HA, HA posts and YOU GUYS SUCK threads.

That being said, the personality of this team has been established..........and it ain't pretty. It is so f**king frustrating to sit in those stands and watch such a pathetic defense. Granted, the Colts offense is the BEST in the NFL............but it's been that way for the last 4 years now. It is a sad commentary when Bill Belicheck kicks onsides with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and down by just 2 scores. Where do we go now? How does the genius fix this debacle? I think the biggest question is this: How did we go from a team that gave up 12 points a game, allowed 1 TD at home all year, and only gave up 1 play of more than 40 yards.........................to a team that ranks dead last in just about every defensive statistic??? How did we go from the best defense in the NFL to the worst defense in the NFL???

Don't tell me that Rodney Harrison's absence sends a team from the top all the way to the bottom. I ain't buyin it. I'm all done blaming injuries and making excuses for this football team. It is clear that the loss of Charlie Weiss, and Romeo Crennel are at the root of the Patriots woes. It's time to place blame on "wonderboy" Josh McDaniels, and 30 something Eric Mangini. These guys are not experienced enough to be leading the offense and defense for a defending Super Bowl Champion. I think we all underestimated what the loss of Weiss and Crennel would mean to this team. Do we owe a lot more credit to those two men than we gave them over the last 4 years? Should we take some of the credit away from BB and hand it over to our former coordinators? I'm ready to do just that.

For this year, the Patriots are NOT championship caliber. In fact, I would be elated if they win the AFC East and manager to win a single playoff game. With this crew, that would be an accomplishment. The sad part is, I don't believe that the AFC East is theirs to lose. I think they are going to have a very difficult time beating Miami next week. They've shown no ability to stop the run, and running is the one thing the Dolphins do well. Their defense ain't too shabby either. And as we've all learned over the last 4 years, a quality defense can keep you in any game against any opponent. I fear the Dolphins next week.

I guess that last thing I can say is: FVCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the mods could set up some kind of country club prison for our domestic assclowns.

I also agree with everything Tap said, though I think if you had to pick the one defensive player whose loss would hurt us most, it's definitely Rodney. As 'the dude' said, add that to losing nearly all of our starting DB's, Phifer and Johnson and that's some pretty serious depletion. Also, Willie McGinest is less of a force with his hand in a cast. It wouldn't matter so much if he was an O-lineman, but he needs to be able to grab people to bring them down. And, Tedi's return is heroic, but he is not yet the force that he was.

Probably, head coaches nearly always receive too much of the credit and too much of the blame. Weiss' has gotten more notoriety since leaving, but our offense has held up pretty well, even with losing Matt Light and having Falk and then Pass go down (and Dillon isn't 100%).

It's hard for me to believe that we won't pull out the division, but I don't have much faith that our defense will improve greatly this year. The thing is, if BB is spending more time on offense this year in the absence of Weis, it takes time away from him working on defense, which is what he's best at and where we really need him. Are there any defensive masterminds that we can sign in the offseason? The good thing is that working as D coordinator for the Pats would probably be seen as a pretty choice position.

Back