OT: Heisman Trophy Ceremony

Colts*Blue

Reaction score
Questions for NCAA football historians......

Each year ~25 former Heisman winners come back to the ceremony to welcome the new guy into the fraternity. I've watched a few of these shows in recent years and OJ Simpson has never appeared. So.....

~Does anyone know if he used to go, before Nicole was murdered?

~Has he ever appeared since his acquital?

~Is it possible the Heisman folks told him not to show up, since at least part of the award is based on character?

Colts*Blue on 12-09-2006 at 06:43 PM said:
Questions for NCAA football historians......

Each year ~25 former Heisman winners come back to the ceremony to welcome the new guy into the fraternity. I've watched a few of these shows in recent years and OJ Simpson has never appeared. So.....

~Does anyone know if he used to go, before Nicole was murdered?

~Has he ever appeared since his acquital?

~Is it possible the Heisman folks told him not to show up, since at least part of the award is based on character?
I enjoyed the segment about Brady Quinn, his family, Weis' comments, his graduating in 3 1/2 years with a dual major.

To answer your question, of course O.J. is a pariah. No TV show wants him. Heard Charles Barkeley the other day say even blacks have disowned him.

Re: Re: OT: Heisman Trophy Ceremony

Vito Babe on 12-09-2006 at 10:24 PM said:
I enjoyed the segment about Brady Quinn, his family, Weis' comments, his graduating in 3 1/2 years with a dual major.

To answer your question, of course O.J. is a pariah. No TV show wants him. Heard Charles Barkeley the other day say even blacks have disowned him.

Do you think that they officially banned him? If so, wouldn't that be public knowledge?

The segments on each of the three finalists were good. Quinn looks like a marketing giant waiting to happen.....all that poise and squeaky clean good looks.

I loved the McFadden from Little Rock who had spent all his time in NY shopping for shoes. He said everyone in NYC walks too fast!

Troy Smith was very poised as well. His coaches must have had a big influence in his life, because he sure sounded like a young man who had already had a lot of adversity.

Back