PlayStation Vue

Alk

Reaction score
Does anyone use it? We have DirecTV and just can't justify how much it costs. Especially considering that the only reason we had it was for Sunday Ticket. Well now you can get that on the PlayStation too. So for those of you that have it, how do you like it? My only concerns are.

1. No History Channel

2. Locals on demand - How does this work? Do you still get to see the shows right when they come out or do you have to wait a day or so? I honestly don't even know if we watch any shows on the networks.

3. Would the Locals on demand have an effect on me watching Patriots games? I would still buy Sunday Ticket but there are those games that are blacked out because they're being aired on the local networks.

Despite all that, I think we would save close to $100 by ditching DirecTV and even getting the highest plan through PlayStation Vue.

So would you need a PS at each TV in the house? PS4, I imagine.

Couldn't find Sunday Ticket or HD locals mentioned anywhere.

So would you need a PS at each TV in the house? PS4, I imagine.

Couldn't find Sunday Ticket or HD locals mentioned anywhere.

You have to have some sort of device at each tv. It says an Amazon Fire Stick will work which is about the cheapest device available I think. The NFL Sunday Ticket is a separate app that you have to download. It's not part of the PlayStation Vue service.

Just an update. They have now added NFL Network to a couple of their packages. They are also slowly adding the local networks to bigger markets. You still get on demand networks if the live stream isn't available. I'm leaning more towards going with this. Really the only thing still missing is History and I gotta think that that will be right around the corner.

It's one of the things I'm thinking about doing, sick of paying Comcast out the nose.....Currently rewatching GameOfThrones with someone, after that "snip" goes the cable.

SSDD

Back