Plumbing: A serious thread.

southcarolina

But, really, im not southcarolina
Reaction score
Sorry to everyone who thought i was lying in the subject. This is a serious thread.

I f*cked up. I poured some hot grease down the kitchen sink drain, after the Mrs has told me not to on numerous occasions, and this time her dire prediction came true. The sink is backed up, and good. I am working on the third dose of Drano right now, bit so far the clog isnt budging.

People of Patriots Planet, please help me. The Mrs is pissed, and good. How can i remedy this?

Have you tried to snake it?

Thats all I got..

I usually let the grease cool, and pour it in the barrel..

Yeah, but she is pretty pissed. I couldnt even get to second base with her.

Dammit dammit DAMMIT stop it brain. This is serious.

OK, if the drano aint workin, you might have to do some work here. Get a 5 gallon bucket, some rubber gloves, your channelloks and something you can use as a snake...(serious here...)

You are gonna have to take the trap off under the sink. But its full of Drano, so you gotta be careful. Most likely that is where the plug is. Take it off, (being sure to catch teh swill water in the bucket), clean it out, really well, then run something like a straightened metal coat wire down the pipe aways, scooping the grease out and back to you. Put it back together and run boiling hot water down the drain. This will help melt any more fat trapped in the lines. Then let hot water run for at least 10 minutes to wash away the rest.

OK, if the drano aint workin, you might have to do some work here. Get a 5 gallon bucket, some rubber gloves, your channelloks and something you can use as a snake...(serious here...)

You are gonna have to take the trap off under the sink. But its full of Drano, so you gotta be careful. Most likely that is where the plug is. Take it off, (being sure to catch teh swill water in the bucket), clean it out, really well, then run something like a straightened metal coat wire down the pipe aways, scooping the grease out and back to you. Put it back together and run boiling hot water down the drain. This will help melt any more fat trapped in the lines. Then let hot water run for at least 10 minutes to wash away the rest.

Sounds like too much work, sell the house:coffee:

Seriously. I think i will try Drano again

Seriously, use a wire hanger.

My wife doesn't get the 'strainer' thing, the sink is always full of shit like we have a garbage disposal, it clogs all the time.

I either use the plunger, or a hanger and alwasy free it up..

Serious

Dawn cuts grease out of your way is no joke

Boil 2 cups white vinegar and then dump it in there after you put a cup of baking soda in

AFTER the dose of Dawn

I want an unclogged sink, not a science fair volcano.

I'd like to know if babalu has a home remedy there.

But taking the trap off under a sink aint no big thing. I dont know how many times I have spun those things off in the bathrooms before the girls all moved out to pull hair clogs out...

hair clogs...:Eason: :shake:

If all else fails, you can crush it, like a boss..

I'd like to know if babalu has a home remedy there.

But taking the trap off under a sink aint no big thing. I dont know how many times I have spun those things off in the bathrooms before the girls all moved out to pull hair clogs out...

hair clogs...:Eason: :shake:

Yeah, it works if it isnt too bad

Taking the trap off is easy peaszy

If all else fails, you can crush it, like a boss..

WERD

F*ck YEAH!!!!

The clog is no more!!!! W00T!!!

Now we can party!!!!

Back