Podcasts,,

sg14

Reaction score
I must have 20 podcasts on my phone, most are football related plus CarTalk, and This American Life.

One of my top two favorites is "Death in the West", a podcast done in NPR style but with limited budget. The story is about the unsolved murder of a man trying to organize unions/ better working conditions in one the least safe mines in the world. The year was 1917. It's a combo of mystery and history, it may seem repetitive for folks smarter than I.

Also for This American life, look for the episode "129 cars". How cars are sold in the USA, surprisingly entertaining.

Got any favorites?

A friend of mine convinced me to listen to "S-Town", which is hard to describe, but is a 7-part series revolving around some
small-town alabama crime scandals and featuring a really unusual guy called John B. who was sort of a troubled genius, who
is interviewed extensively and was a compelling character to say the least.

Pretty engrossing stuff. One of the better podcasts I've listened to of that kind.

My attention span for podcasts is really limited, but I tend to watch some comedy podcasts and football without fluff.

I'm a writer by nature but my ex is always trying to get me to do podcasts, the new way of doing things. She always says you've got a great voice and great presence. I dunno, for some reason I've been hesitant.

I am now working with a few people on a large-scale philosophical project that is internet-based. Videos, podcasts, and everything else. New world for me and I just have a hard time getting my head around how to layout very complicated ideas in video clips and stuff.

This is gonna be interesting.

Back