• Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GTFO Nerd

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

mooseontheloose

See, moose love the Pats too!
Reaction score
OK so looking to get opinions (yay/nay) on something I'd like to do here.

Not sure if anyone has ever seen these before, but on some sports gaming related websites 'Franchise Reports' are pretty popular. Basically you play your franchise in whatever game (ex. Madden) and then report on your games and developments. The good ones come with great graphics/presentation and actual editorialized reporting - in essence it's like the person running it is pretending to be the press reporting on these games as if they were real.

It's something I've done a lot in the past but not for a few years. I'm currently playing Madden 19 and enjoying it so thought I'd like to do this again, but instead of running it on a gaming-oriented forum I thought I'd run it here. Obviously that means I'd play as the Pats (unless people prefer I use a different team).

I lean towards realism so my plan is to wait until day one rosters are set and then play out with the roster from there (including sitting Jules for 4 games, mimicking RL trades, off-season IR, etc.) but from season 2 and on it'd be my own decisions guiding the team.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Yay or nay? Just trying to gauge if there's interest to follow/read something like that here.

Edit: Here's an example for anyone not able to visualize what I mean: https://forums.operationsports.com/...down-chicago-bears-madden-19-franchise-2.html

I would read it and would have interest in it for sure.

I would also be interested to see the results of a true roster simulation of games in Madden before each game is played (so their Wk 1 roster vs the Wk 1 roster of the Texans in AI vs AI, for example) just so we can get a feel for what players Madden may be over / under estimating without player skill influencing the results. Not sure how much additional work it would be, it was just a thought.

Regardless, your idea sounds fun to me and interesting to read, especially if well executed.

I could keep track of that as a side project for sure. Obviously the sim engine isn't perfect. Typically it isn't specific players being out of whack but specific stats. Some of it can be fixed/managed though.

Also, to be clear, I'd likely play/post the first game next weekend but after that I'd be playing ahead of pace with real world (probably 1-2 games per week). But if there'd be greater interest to just play once a week at NFL pace (say posted on Saturdays) then I'd be open to that too.

Might just post this content in more than one place if interest is low. Anyway, I'll make a new thread if I launch this but wanted to include a preview of some of the graphics I'm working on. This is a sample of part of the graphics that would form the 'game recap' posts. Obviously the text (including the name) = placeholders.

demo.jpg

Back