Scar's NFL News Thread

-Scar-

Decimate this account, please. Thanks.
Reaction score
As expected, Brandon Marshall did not show up again for Day Two of the Broncos' mandatory minicamp today. Seeking a new contract, Marshall had skipped the previous three weeks of voluntary passing camp plus the first two days of the Broncos' three-day mandatory minicamp this weekend. Marshall met Friday afternoon with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, but apparently the star receiver wasn't satisfied enough with that conversation to return.

Source: Mike Klis, Denver Post

Dolphins NT Jason Ferguson Knows Playing Days Are Limited

45192677.jpg

The former Georgia standout suspects that time might be coming soon if he doesn't produce big this season. If the Dolphins opt not to re-sign him when his contract expires at the end of this year, Ferguson says he'll retire. He says he's prepared financially to leave the game behind.

Source: Omar Kelly, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Chargers Running Wildcat Offense To Help Defense

05adb_45383_chargers_camp_football.jpg

With the predicted proliferation of the Wildcat – in which the ball is snapped directly to a player other than the quarterback, with that player having the option to hand off, throw a pass or run – the Chargers spent portions of the past two days running the offense in earnest for the first time. “I think it's good for our defense to see,” coach Norv Turner said. “They're going to face it.” Turner did not rule out his offense using it, even saying maybe he can get fans and media off his back by giving LaDainian Tomlinson a few passes out of the formation. “If we practice it enough and get good enough at it . . . We've got versatile enough guys, if we can get some plays out of it, it will be good,” Turner said. The Chargers ran a number of plays out of the formation, with Tomlinson and receiver Legedu Naanee taking snaps. Vincent Jackson also was involved running across the formation, with Philip Rivers lined up wide.

Source: Kevin Acee, San Diego Union Tribune

Bills Rookie DE Aaron Maybin To Train With Ravens LB Ray Lewis In Miami

Buffalo+Bills+Minicamp+F7c4w6UipBUl.jpg

“I’ve been all football all the time since the start of my last season at Penn State up until the end of my offseason here, so a little time off won’t hurt,” the Bills’ first-round draft pick said after the final day of minicamp. “But about a week from now, it will be back to work.”Maybin plans to spend a week in Boca Raton, Fla., working out with a friend, and then he’ll head to Miami, where he’ll train with Baltimore Ravens All-Pro linebacker Ray Lewis.The two struck up a friendship when Maybin was a youth football player in the Baltimore area. Maybin also befriended fellow ex-Penn State star LaVar Arrington, who was playing for the Washington Redskins then.

Source:Allen Wilson, Bufffalo News

Bengals Rookie OL Andre Smith Impressive At Minicamps

45318_bengals_camp_football.jpg

For a 350-pound man the Bengals would like to see transform his "body type," No. 1 pick Andre Smith has practiced well enough to stay out of sight during his first month on an NFL field."He hasn't been the rookie that jumps off side or holds, or gets beat," said quarterback Carson Palmer this week of his right tackle after the final voluntary session. "He's the rookie you don't really notice. When you don't notice offensive linemen, that's good." Offensive line coach Paul Alexander, of course, has noticed everything. He has seen a typical rookie progression. "There's the speed of the game. It's completely different. Even for guy like Andre that played against so many great ones in the Southeastern Conference. It's a whole other jump from there." Alexander said. "All college players have to adjust to that and he'll adjust to it. And he's still a young guy and he'll get stronger and get better in all areas."

Source:Geoff Hobson, Bengals.com

Dont Click On The Thread If You Dont Like ME Or Reading News Around The League...You're Supposed To Be Smart Enough To Operate A Computer And Surf The Internet :coffee:

^^:coffee:Make Me...Or Get Used To Me And Personally I'm Comfortable Here And I Like It :)

:cool:

The following is a list of people wo care about this thread:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Miami Rookie QB Pat White Continues To Struggle

pat-white-miami-dophins.jpg

White continued to struggle throwing the ball. He hit the cross bar on one pass during red zone, threw an interception to Jason Allen (who went up and snagged the ball while covering Armstrong), suffered a batted-down pass by rookie NT Lou Ellis and was so off on a throw into the corner of the end zone that was so off it bounced off Parcells’ golf cart. Parcells immediately moved the cart 20 yards away.

Source:Edgar Thompson, Palm Beach Post

And For The Record I Post Pats News Out On The Board For The Homers With Low Intelligence To Have Easy Access....Fans Of The NFL IN General Can Find Updates Here...

You're Welcome...

I have no problem with this news thread. Maybe it's cause I don't know your personality yet but I do something similar on another site.

:shrug:^^^^Gridironfans.com??? That's Where Im At..They're Changing The Server Today So Im Posting News At All The Team Forums Today....Well Not All But The Ones I Like Best Basically...:shrug:

Titans QB Vince Young Embarrassed By Police Hunt Last Year

vince+young-hurt.jpg

Vince Young says he was embarrassed by the police search for him in September and then having to wait for a psychiatrist to clear him. Young defended himself a few days later, saying his mother overreacted. But he told E:60 in an interview that will air Sunday on ESPN that he was embarrassed by all what happened that night and then the wait in Fisher's office for a psychiatrist to verify that he was OK and not a threat to himself. "All that type of stuff — it was embarrassing. I can't stand when somebody jeopardizes my image and does things that are unnecessary. Especially if I've told you, out of my mouth like a man, that I'm fine. Can I please go home? For all the stuff that happened that night It was a sight to see," Young said.

Source: Associated Press

And For The Record I Post Pats News Out On The Board For The Homers With Low Intelligence To Have Easy Access....Fans Of The NFL IN General Can Find Updates Here...

You're Welcome...

Wow How Really Gracious Of You.....

....Oh And The "n" In "In" Is Not Capitalized....

Denver QB Kyle Orton Named As Starter

20090603__BRONCOS_PRACTICE_JL257~p1_200.jpg

Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels has named Kyle Orton his starting quarterback. Orton had been competing with Chris Simms for the job throughout the off-season. Orton, who was acquired from the Chicago Bears on April 3 as part of the Jay Cutler trade, was named the starter with two days remaining in the Broncos' off-season minicamp training program.

Source: Mike Klis, Denver Post

That's a great photo of McDaniels working with Orton on his fundamentals. It's all right there in the photo. Compact stance, vertical ball carriage, the opened front shoulder, short stride, eyes on target, bend in the front knee, shoulders level, back foot perpendicular to the target, front shoulder pointed towards the target, front toe in the ground. The only real flaw here is his front foot not pointed completely at the target itself. McDanials may be having growing pains when it comes to dealing with personalities but he knows quarterbacking.

Back