If you stood us side by side and asked 1000 people who they like better, 999 of them would pick me...

Obviously something is getting lost on the internet

"Poser"? Oh, the 80's called, they want their stupid insult back...and

Being a cowboy is literally the last thing I'd want to be....lol

Literally

I have a big ranch at 10k' elevation where I raise my 10 Black Angus. Right you don't want to be a cowboy! LOL:dbanana:

I have a big ranch at 10k' elevation where I raise my 10 Black Angus. Right you don't want to be a cowboy! LOL:dbanana:

I wore Nike's and a baseball cap when I went out to feed them an hour ago...

And I listened to this

Bostons Own
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RsX5QtxrXws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Girl, I know it's been hard since he went away
And left you so sad that you cry everyday
Let me kiss your tears erase all your doubts
Because for you I'm here, you won't be without
Loooooove"

Hows the blizzard there btw- Getting hammered here, barely made it home

I agree. He comes off as a guy who struck oil and moved to Denver. I'm serious when I say he reminds me of Beverly Hillbilly

ROLF I spent my first 32 years on the North Side of Chicago-

And I bought this now 2 million + dollar ranch for $213,000 in 92- This town was in a depression then because of the oil bust- Willie Nelsons house (just down the street) sold for 450k then, and if it didn't burn down it would go for like 15 million now-

I paid this Ranch off in 95 with the proceeds from one horse race

And I bought this now 2 million + dollar ranch for $213,000 in 92- This town was in a depression then because of the oil bust- Willie Nelsons house (just down the street) sold for 450k then, and if it didn't burn down it would go for like 15 million now-

Upper Bear Creek road eh? Evergreen is like 7200' And the Upper Bear Creek is not much higher. Until you hit the public land in the Mt. Evans area. Except for one ranch like at 10k'. HAHAHA!

2 or 3 years ago, what ever it was, I bet on Tonalist to win the Belmont Stakes. (I am no good at gambling, but I do enjoy horse racing) Any who, I was reading through the program and noticed he was the only horse in the field that had previously won there. I made 220$ on a 20$ bet. Wish I had bet much more. Would have been easy money.

As you really can't compare QBs from different eras (as fun as it is to try), I'll just say this: Elway wasn't even the best QB of his era. Dan Marino was better than him.

So, does that mean Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady?

:huh:

How does Marino being a better QB than Elway have anything to do with Brady or Manning?

:dith:

Marino and Manning were/are complete passing machines. Both are record holders. Huge yards, TD's and so on. Both however are considered to be playoff choke artists. Or even can't make to the playoffs.

Elway and Brady are thought of as winners. They don't hold the records necessarily, but they make it to the Super Bowl and win.

Manning is to Brady as Marino is to Elway.

2 or 3 years ago, what ever it was, I bet on Tonalist to win the Belmont Stakes. (I am no good at gambling, but I do enjoy horse racing) Any who, I was reading through the program and noticed he was the only horse in the field that had previously won there. I made 220$ on a 20$ bet. Wish I had bet much more. Would have been easy money.

Yeah that was the California Chrome race, I didn't bet it- I grew up at Arlington Park, started walking hot horses at the age of 8, grooming at 10 and assistant training at 18, banned for life at 21- But I go into tracks all the time, in those days they passed polaroids of undesirables around to all the tracks- I'd have to get arrested for something at a track nowadays and they have to run my name for me to be charged with criminal trespassing, which I have been charge with a couple dozen times, but not in the last 25 years.. But anyway, I'll tell ya funny story..In October I was betting one on one golf matchups, and my guys fell apart on the back 9, hitting it in the water and whatnot..I was drunk and pissed off because they both had big leads coming home...I read the racing form everyday and I had a few horses I liked, but I passed on them... so I turn to TVG and one of those races is coming up..The horse was #5 and was at 4/5, a big odds on favorite, a sure thing so I put $500 on it to make $400...I'm waiting for the race, watching the post parade..and I checked my pending wagers..I BET ON #6! I look at again..Yeah, I bet the wrong f-ing horse! I look up at the tote board and the horse is 19-1! I looked at my son and said "I just flushed $500 down the toilet" and my wife in the kitchen says "that's what you get for betting drunk"...So i'm not even going to watch the race, I turn back to golf and i'm sitting there stewing...A real day wrecker... I lay down on the couch and just for the hell of it I hit the previous channel button right as they leave the gate...#6 is dead last , 4 wide through the first turn...And then he starts moving, and moving..I sit up..and he's moving up nearing the far turn, I stand up, could it happen, could a miracle occur, he keeps moving through the far turn, I walk up to the TV, they turn for home and he's still moving and he gets eye to eye with the horse on the lead and I fall to my knees, he goes right by him and wins the race! Unbelievable! I punched the ground real hard with both fists, then calmly got up, poured another beer grabbed a cigar from the humidor and smoked it out on the deck before I told anybody. The horse eventually went off at like 9-1, but it was still nice

I have the tape of the race somwhere..Found it! Tuckers Point

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/LRL/2015/8/21/4/race-4-aoc-at-lrl-on-8-21-15

Marino and Manning were/are complete passing machines. Both are record holders. Huge yards, TD's and so on. Both however are considered to be playoff choke artists. Or even can't make to the playoffs.

Elway and Brady are thought of as winners. They don't hold the records necessarily, but they make it to the Super Bowl and win.

That's nice. You'll sleep better. coffeeguy

This is a guy that doesn't know football, a guy that's only watched it on TV , a guy that that totally disregards the efforts, talent and skill of the other 52 guys on the team, the 25 coaches and managment

Take it from a guy that played 6 years and coached 7 winning two Carnation Bowls- It takes a great TEAM to win in the playoffs...These are not quarterback competitions, this is a team sport and all phases of the team have to work for a TEAM to win... Peyton Manning played on some horrible TEAMS in Indy and Elway played on some horrible Bronco teams early in his career- It's is a big credit to them that they even got those teams into the playoffs...They didn't choke- Their O lines were unable to protect them, and unable to run block, and their defenses absolutely sucked

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Upper Bear Creek road eh? Evergreen is like 7200' And the Upper Bear Creek is not much higher. Until you hit the public land in the Mt. Evans area. Except for one ranch like at 10k'. HAHAHA!

I guess you missed the post were I gave my exact altitude using an app

My land is 8300 ASL on one end and 7700 on the other- My house is at 8340

This is a guy that doesn't know football, a guy that's only watched it on TV , a guy that that totally disregards the efforts, talent and skill of the other 52 guys on the team, the 25 coaches and managment

Take it from a guy that played 6 years and coached 7 winning two Carnation Bowls- It takes a great TEAM to win in the playoffs...These are not quarterback competitions, this is a team sport and all phases of the team have to work for a TEAM to win... Peyton Manning played on some horrible TEAMS in Indy and Elway played on some horrible Bronco teams early in his career- It's is a big credit to them that they even got those teams into the playoffs...They didn't choke- Their O lines were unable to protect them, and unable to run block, and their defenses absolutely sucked

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I guess you missed the post were I gave my exact altitude using an app

My land is 8300 ASL on one end and 7700 on the other- My house is at 8340

So nowhere near 10k'? Like you mentioned. I get it now.

As for the comments about Elway vs Marino and Brady vs Manning. I think it's a valid point that I make. The guy responded saying that Elway wasn't even the best QB of his era. That Marino was. There for I made the argument that Elway v Marino is very similar to Brady v Manning. One has records, the other has rings. Pretty easy to follow really.

when I bought the house they said 9300 and a topo map I had in the 90's said 9800..I had no reason to question it and really didn't care-

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

As for the comments about Elway vs Marino and Brady vs Manning. I think it's a valid point that I make. The guy responded saying that Elway wasn't even the best QB of his era. That Marino was. There for I made the argument that Elway v Marino is very similar to Brady v Manning. One has records, the other has rings.

Would you get up off your knees and stop groveling before these Pats fans?

It's why they don't respect you- Brady is a system QB, and you could plug a lot of guys into this system and get similar results

AND YOU KNOW IT!

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

You stupid head!

Yeah that was the California Chrome race, I didn't bet it- I grew up at Arlington Park, started walking hot horses at the age of 8, grooming at 10 and assistant training at 18, banned for life at 21- But I go into tracks all the time, in those days they passed polaroids of undesirables around to all the tracks- I'd have to get arrested for something at a track nowadays and they have to run my name for me to be charged with criminal trespassing, which I have been charge with a couple dozen times, but not in the last 25 years.. But anyway, I'll tell ya funny story..In October I was betting one on one golf matchups, and my guys fell apart on the back 9, hitting it in the water and whatnot..I was drunk and pissed off because they both had big leads coming home...I read the racing form everyday and I had a few horses I liked, but I passed on them... so I turn to TVG and one of those races is coming up..The horse was #5 and was at 4/5, a big odds on favorite, a sure thing so I put $500 on it to make $400...I'm waiting for the race, watching the post parade..and I checked my pending wagers..I BET ON #6! I look at again..Yeah, I bet the wrong f-ing horse! I look up at the tote board and the horse is 19-1! I looked at my son and said "I just flushed $500 down the toilet" and my wife in the kitchen says "that's what you get for betting drunk"...So i'm not even going to watch the race, I turn back to golf and i'm sitting there stewing...A real day wrecker... I lay down on the couch and just for the hell of it I hit the previous channel button right as they leave the gate...#6 is dead last , 4 wide through the first turn...And then he starts moving, and moving..I sit up..and he's moving up nearing the far turn, I stand up, could it happen, could a miracle occur, he keeps moving through the far turn, I walk up to the TV, they turn for home and he's still moving and he gets eye to eye with the horse on the lead and I fall to my knees, he goes right by him and wins the race! Unbelievable! I punched the ground real hard with both fists, then calmly got up, poured another beer grabbed a cigar from the humidor and smoked it out on the deck before I told anybody. The horse eventually went off at like 9-1, but it was still nice

I have the tape of the race somwhere..Found it! Tuckers Point

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/LRL/2015/8/21/4/race-4-aoc-at-lrl-on-8-21-15

That's actually really cool, I guess sometimes you just get lucky.

Ugh now I want to go down to the greyhound park and bet on some horses!!

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

wuvwuvwuvwuvwuvwuvwuvwuvwuv

That's actually really cool, I guess sometimes you just get lucky.

Ugh now I want to go down to the greyhound park and bet on some horses!!

You're from Merrit Island? I went to FIT in Melbourne- I loved flying into Merrit Island- I'd always try to land right on the end of that runway that goes out into the inter coastal waterway- One time I was coming in the other way, and I like my wheels to touch down right on the end of the runway and right before I hit it a kid came right across in front of me on a bike- Almost killed him...There was a little trail right in front of the runway...Maybe that was TICO (Titusville Cocoa)? I used to go to Melbourne Jai alai- What dog track, Sanford? Daytona? Its been 30 years since I was in that area- We go to Naples/Ft Myers all the time

Back