Strange noise............

bclaff

Reaction score
I heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen as I was turning on the Green Bay game. It sounded like an aerosol can was leaking. Upon further research, I found it to be an old can of unused Cheese Wiz that had burst a hole. The ironic thing is that earlier today the same thing happened at the supermarket and a guy wearing a Peyton Manning shirt slipped and fell on the leaking cheese. :p

bclaff said:
I heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen as I was turning on the Green Bay game. It sounded like an aerosol can was leaking. Upon further research, I found it to be an old can of unused Cheese Wiz that had burst a hole. The ironic thing is that earlier today the same thing happened at the supermarket and a guy wearing a Peyton Manning shirt slipped and fell on the leaking cheese. :p

I couldn't be happier that the Packers choked at home and are DONE! Especially after the egg they laid against the Jets for us! Undefeated at Lambeau in the playoffs no more! Sorry Edna, wherever you are.

Re: Re: Strange noise............

Originally posted by pookie [/i]
I couldn't be happier that the Packers choked at home and are DONE! Especially after the egg they laid against the Jets for us!

Ditto :), good nite.

What's Teri (Glenn) gonna do now that he doesn't (may not) have Brett, I know his agent has some type of psychologically unstable lawsuit up his sleeve.

FallingAlice said:
At the same time, part of me feels that the Pats wouldn't have gone far this year. It's just as well we get a better draft position.

Alice - Do you have any idea what we do with heretics around here with contrarian viewpoints? This little slice of history from Monty Python should give you an idea.:D

AHH!!! We've got a witch!!! Witch, witch, witch!! burn her, burn her! We have found a witch! May we burn her?! Yeah!!! Burn!! How do you know she is a witch? She looks like one! Yeah, yeah! Bring her forward. Oh! She does looks like one! They made me look like this! No, no no! And this isn’t my nose! Its a fake one! *moo* Well? Well we did do the nose. Nose? And the hat, but shes a witch! Yeah, yeah, yeah! Did you dress her like this? No, no, no! Yes,yes,yes...
a bit, a bit, a bit. But she has got a wart! What makes you think she is a witch? Well she turned me into a newt! A newt? .............. It got better. Burn her anyway!!!!! Burn her, burn her, burn her!!! What, what, what, there are ways of telling me that she is a witch. Ways? A way? Tell me. What do we do with witches? Burn them! Burn, burn, burn! And what do we burn apart from witches? More witches!!! Wood! Good. So why do witches burn? ...uh...*scratches head* *scratches nose* Cause they are made out of wood? Goooood! So how do we tell wheter she is made of wood? Build a bridge out of her! Ahh! But can we not also make bridges out of stone? oh yeah... Does wood sink in water? No! no, it floats! It floats! Throw her into the pond!!! Throw her throw her!! Yeah!!!! What also floats in water? Bread. Apples. Uh, very small rocks. Cider. A bowl of gravy. Cherries. Mud. Churches! churches! Lead lead! A duck! Ooooh. Exactly! So logically...if she weighs...the same as a duck...shes made of wood. And therefore............a witch! A witch!!!!! A duck a duck! We shall use my largest scales! Yeah!!!! Weigh them!!! Burn her!!! *weighs the witch and duck, they are the same* yeah!!!!!! Burn her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FallingAlice said:
Good morning.

The last comment by Hawg73 was interesting from the point of view of a professional logician because it contained a number of logical fallacies; that is, invalid propositional constructions and syllogistic forms, of the type so often committed by many visitors to Patriots Planet. Especially trolls.

'All wood burns,' states Hawg. 'Therefore,' he concludes, 'all that burns is wood.' This is, of course, pure bullshit. Universal affirmatives can only be partially converted: all of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan. 'Oh yes,' one would think. However, Hawg does not understand this necessary limitation of the conversion of a proposition; consequently, he does not understand me, for how can a man expect to appreciate a witch (regardless of her material composition) if the simplest cloth-eared syllogism causes him to flounder?

For example, given the premise, 'all fish live underwater' and 'all mackerel are fish', Hawg will conclude, not that 'all mackerel live underwater', but that 'if he buys kippers it will not rain', or that 'bass should have their own website', or even that 'The Patriots have a chance of winning the superbowl even though they cannot seem to get out of their own way and Tom Brady has a separated shoulder.' This he calls 'using his intuition'. I call it 'crap', and it gets me very irritated because it is not logical.

Good day.

Alice,
Could yourself and Hawg please provide a thesaurus so that us simple folk can read and appreciate your posts?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Re: Strange noise............

pookie said:
I couldn't be happier that the Packers choked at home and are DONE! Especially after the egg they laid against the Jets for us! Undefeated at Lambeau in the playoffs no more!

The Packers were done last week when they gave up in the Jets game and pulled Favre at the start of the fourth quarter. We all knew it and they knew it too. You can't quit on a game before the playoffs and then expect to just turn on the attitude whenever you want. I felt that was a fatal mistake last week by their coaching staff.

When your Quarterback announces to the team and the league that he will probably retire if they win a Super Bowl...that is just a collapse waiting to happen.

They were over-rated all season. Even the week when when they played us, I don't think the Pats were capable of playing worse and yet the Packers kept hanging in trying to give us the game. If they weren't in one of the weakest divisions in football they would just be another 9-7 team at best. Injuries are not an excuse -- that game was lost to Vick and the Falcons before they ever stepped on the field. They even had the weather and they still didn't show up.

p.s. -- Edna, my condolences but no apologies. I have been listening to too many trolls over on Patriots.com tell us how great the Packers are for too long. I loved watching them get stuffed and it didn't come as a surprise.

pookie said:
Alice,
Could yourself and Hawg please provide a thesaurus so that us simple folk can read and appreciate your posts?

Thanks in advance,
[/QUOTE

Sure Pook.

Now there's an idea for PatriotsPlanet. An on-line thesaurus so we can all figure out big words like my all-time favorite:

Sesquipedalian - definition: Someone that uses unnecessarily long and complex words that they are not really sure of their proper usage for the purpose of impressing people with how intelligent they are when there are simpler words that could be used.

In a sentence: Don King has been a sesquipedalian from way back. i.e. "The spendiferousness of this pugilistic extravaganza is indubidably beyond comprehension" or something like that. I once heard Mike Tyson say that the judges decision was "ludacrisp". I almost cried I laughed so hard. Poor Mike.

And I am NOT suggesting that Alice or anybody else here is a sesquipedalian. I just love that word.

Hawg---GREAT word! :) I'm gonna see if I can use it in conversation soon! :)
Alice--My favorite line from Monty Python's Holy Grail is: "It's just a flesh-wound!" It's been years since I've seen that, though...
As much as I hate to admit it--You may very well be right about those pesky Jets... They are playing not-unlike our Pats did last year... I wish that I had a nickel for every time I have heard an announcer compare them, as such, lately! I'd be a rich woman! :) The only thing that I am not sure of, is if the Jets can beat Oakland in Oakland... If they do, then they will probably make it to the big game... I have watched most of the play-off games, in their entirety and I can't believe some of the trouncing and upsets... All the more reason to believe that the Jets could pull it off...
Edna--Sorry about the Pack losing for the first time ever at home during the play-offs... That has gotta hurt... I honestly thought that they would go much further into the post-season... Oh, well--as I have said many times in my years as a Pats fan: There's always next season! :)

Back