Super Bowl Predictions??

runnerone

Reaction score
I see this game as a complete blow out. No Karma needed here. Possibly the first shut out in Super Bowl history.

They need to start thinking about changing the name on that trophy, because before this decade is through, there will be a new king of the hill amongst NFL all time coaches.

Bill Belichick, a legend in our own time.

Seriously, I see 42-10 Patriots as a real possibility.

kirjtc2 said:
I don't see a shut out, but ever since Sunday I've been saying 34-6.

And remember who won that cheese slicer last year :)

JPK

C'mon now...you have to give the Pats a few more points...they are after all the defending champions.....

Let's say 34-13 Eagles. :D

:eek: this is just comical. First off Bill Bellicheck, has thrived upon getting into chess matches against incompetant moronic coaches like Mike Martz and Tony Dungy. And now Cowher. You keep saying Bill Bellicheck has two weeks to prepare for our offense? Jim Johnson has two weeks to prepare for your offense. I guarentee you it's a low scoring game and I think Donovan starts running and you can't stop it. Yes I'm taking a leap of faith homer pick but, 17-13 Eagles.

Hmmm, who would I pick ... who's in the SB again?

steelerfan.jpg

There is no way that the Eagles can be considered as good a team as this Pats squad...We have just beaten 2 teams that would have easily beaten the Eagles (and in PIT's case, already had - with TO 100%)...this really could be an old-school ass-whipping. I wouldn't expect the score to be as big a blowout as some here, as BB likes to grind the clock with a lead, but Philly will never be in this game....

40-20 NE (PHILLY gets the late meaningless TD)

Eaglefan said:
:eek: this is just comical. First off Bill Bellicheck, has thrived upon getting into chess matches against incompetant moronic coaches like Mike Martz and Tony Dungy. And now Cowher. You keep saying Bill Bellicheck has two weeks to prepare for our offense? Jim Johnson has two weeks to prepare for your offense. I guarentee you it's a low scoring game and I think Donovan starts running and you can't stop it. Yes I'm taking a leap of faith homer pick but, 17-13 Eagles.

When was the last time Reid beat Martz or Dungy in a playoff game? By my count, he's 0 for 2. Belicheck is 3-0.

Please just don't go and look at scores.

And Martz beat the Eagles with Vermil's leftovers...in a game that the Eagles would have won if not for the injury to Buckhalter.

Reid owned Dungy in the playoffs and never lost to him in the playoffs....lost to the Gruden coached Bucs due to McNabb coming off a broken ankle and IDIOT Blame Bishop playing hurt (didn't tell the coaches how hurt he really was).

At least do some research. The year they lost to the Bucs, the Pats didn't even make the playoffs....

If the Pats played in the NFC that year, they would have probably won every division except the Bucanneers division. I posted in another thread about how that year is not that bad-they tied for the division lead in the toughest division in football, and got knocked out in a tiebreaker because the Packers gave a game away in the last week.
Oops, sorry about the Dungy thing-Dungys "leftovers" beat them.

But the Vermeil thing doesn't make sense-BB still beat the team that beat you. BB beat the Panthers last year after they beat you. I think I see a trend.

if martz won because of "Vermil's leftovers" as you say, maybe gruden won with "dungy's leftovers",

i don't want ot hear about injures, when pats beat st louis, brady was questionable and bledsoe almost had to play, mcnabb toughed it out give him credit for it, but is he capable to win with no running game?

2 one dimensional offenses seemed to get beat last weekend!!

pats 34
eagles 13

Gruden did win with Dungy left overs....but Dungy never beat the Eagles with the Bucs. That was my point.

Hard to say the pats would have won any division in the NFC when 3 teams in the NFC tied for the best records that year (12-4), while the AFC East was filled with 9-7 teams.

And I thought I posted this already in here, but the Pack didn't throw that game away. That game cost the Pack the first round bye, and they lost the following week to Vick's Falcons.

Hard to say it was the toughest division in football when the best record in the division was 9-7.

Also....Pack were 8-0 at home that year and if they would have won, would have been the #1 seed with a 13-3 record.

RichM99 said:
If the Pats played in the NFC that year, they would have probably won every division except the Bucanneers division. I posted in another thread about how that year is not that bad-they tied for the division lead in the toughest division in football, and got knocked out in a tiebreaker because the Packers gave a game away in the last week.
Oops, sorry about the Dungy thing-Dungys "leftovers" beat them.

But the Vermeil thing doesn't make sense-BB still beat the team that beat you. BB beat the Panthers last year after they beat you. I think I see a trend.

Just an FYI...Philly was LUCKY to make it to that NFC Championship game against Carolina with how banged up their defense was, not to mention the pathetic WRs and McNabb being taken out of the game. Sad when your starting DE is Marco Coleman....

The past is the past, and the Pats failed to make the playoffs that year. Don't make excuses if you don't want to hear them right back from me about why the Eagles didn't get to the SB that year.

I'm not enjoying the cockyness.....

First the team took on Belichick's personality/philosophy...then the fans did (for the most part).

What happened to "respect and fear every opponent"?

We don't want to be like the Rams fans were after SB36 saying, "What the hell just happened??"

I understand and respect that view point about cockiness, but I just feel that the Pats are by far the best team in the game.

The Eagles are spent emotionally, and Andy Reid will have to pull some major miracles to get his team focused. They achieved their goal, maybe next yr, they'll be ready to make it all the way, but they are done for now.

The Pats destroyed the two top teams in the NFL in O and D in the last two weeks.
Holding Manning out of the end zone, and the most prolific O the league will ever see to 3 points, then turning around and pounding one out with the best D racking up 41 points.
It just defies all logic and reasoning.

This is the best team the NFL has ever seen, in comparisson, the Eagles are mearly mortal.

Fortunately for me, I am not on BB's payroll, so I am allowed to be a bit confident, the condidence from the players will spill out after the game, mark my words.

runnerone said:
I understand and respect that view point about cockiness, but I just feel that the Pats are by far the best team in the game.

The Eagles are spent emotionally, and Andy Reid will have to pull some major miracles to get his team focused. They achieved their goal, maybe next yr, they'll be ready to make it all the way, but they are done for now.

The Pats destroyed the two top teams in the NFL in O and D in the last two weeks.
Holding Manning out of the end zone, and the most prolific O the league will ever see to 3 points, then turning around and pounding one out with the best D racking up 41 points.
It just defies all logic and reasoning.

This is the best team the NFL has ever seen, in comparisson, the Eagles are mearly mortal.

Fortunately for me, I am not on BB's payroll, so I am allowed to be a bit confident, the condidence from the players will spill out after the game, mark my words.

They aren't emotionally spent. And Andy Reid in his PC said that they didn't even show their hand in the Falcons game. Everyone thought the Red Sox were emotionally spent after beating the Yankees... WRONG it got them fired up and gave them a chip on their shoulder. And that's what's happening. In fact they practiced this week. You missed the part where Brian Dawkins said, "... and we aren't even done yet. Next week, we'll take home the bigger trophy." Don't fool yourself. The Eagles are the 1st or 2nd best team in the NFL depending on the game. They really went 13-1 and just like your case on the Dolphins they lost because they weren't paying attention. And also Pitt was playing it's best brand of football at that time and we had way too many injuries. In fact our defense is better than Pitt's. These teams are mirror images of each other. This is going to be a battle.

Back