Teh Official Pats @ Jets Week 16 Game Day Thread

patriots pam

2014-15 Game Day Thread Champion
Reaction score
Website
badpixofgoodfood.pamsez.me
Little road trip down to Joisey today, where our 11-3 Pats will play the 3-11 Jets.

Our guys have the division sewn up, but a W today still has meaning - so hopefully they have tucked those hats and t-shirts away and are keeping their eyes on the prize of maintaining the #1 seed in the AFC.

The Jest have nothing to play for but pride, or whatever passes for pride down there in Green Bean land. :shrug: And maybe the players want to win this one for the Snacker, too - give Rexy one last "Hurrah!" against the Pats before he is forced to tip-toe his way out of town.

Division rivalries being what they are, especially against the hated Jesters, it's hard to say how this one is going to go today. But all we want for Christmas is another W in the books for our team. So Happy Football Sunday to all, and to all a good night! GO PATS!!!!!!! :arrr: :patriotlogo:

@BenVolin 29s29 seconds ago
Chandler Jones is catching passes one-handed in warmups.

@ErikFrenz 33s34 seconds ago
#Patriots inactives: Dan Connolly, Alfonzo Dennard, James White, Jordan Devey, Julian Edelman, Kyle Arrington, LeGarrette Blount.

Inactives:

RB LeGarrette Blount
RB James White
WR Julian Edelman
OL Jordan Devey
LG Dan Connolly
CB Alfonzo Dennard
CB Kyle Arrington

I think Kline will start at LG. Can't see Dennard making the team next year if he can't even make the 46 today.

Btw, the Patriots have a FB, 4 TE and Fleming active for today's game.

Inactives:

RB LeGarrette Blount
RB James White
WR Julian Edelman
OL Jordan Devey
LG Dan Connolly
CB Alfonzo Dennard
CB Kyle Arrington

I think Kline will start at LG. Can't see Dennard making the team next year if he can't even make the 46 today.

He won't, because clearly he hasn't show any versatility to prove that he's not expendable. Arrington at least has slot and XZ value. I think they've been wanting Dennard to play in the slot but he's been unable to catch on or something. Or maybe he's hurt, who knows.

I may be far-fetched on this, but just trying to think like the coaches may be, I think we see Browner primarily on Decker, Revis may actually be on Kerley and Butler on Harvin. These will probably change but I wouldn't be shocked to see those match ups.

Having so many key guys out makes me nervous, especially #11.
Oh well, next man up as they say.
I'd expect Amendola and Tyms to see some looks.

He won't, because clearly he hasn't show any versatility to prove that he's not expendable. Arrington at least has slot and XZ value. I think they've been wanting Dennard to play in the slot but he's been unable to catch on or something. Or maybe he's hurt, who knows.

There's another 1.46 million rea$ons for him not to be here next year. :coffee:

I may be far-fetched on this, but just trying to think like the coaches may be, I think we see Browner primarily on Decker, Revis may actually be on Kerley and Butler on Harvin. These will probably change but I wouldn't be shocked to see those match ups.

Either that or Ryan on Kerley and Revis on Harvin.

Having so many key guys out makes me nervous, especially #11.
Oh well, next man up as they say.
I'd expect Amendola and Tyms to see some looks.

I totally agree that it is not good when #11 is inactive, but I would rather see him healthy for playoffs. :coffee:

I expect Gronk to draw allot of double team coverage and this means Lefell, Amendola, and others playing today will be able to get allot of catches. :thumb:

Lastly, with Blount out I hope this means that Jonas will get many more carries to get him back into that Colts game playing style. :stirpot:

Thanks to Pam for the GDT - Jets always give us their best game just when they look dead and buried so I can't say I'm particularly confident. Having said that, I can't see them putting up too many points so as long as we figure out how to keep moving the chains we should be OK.

apparently a very light turnout - surprise.

Go Pats!

Cheers

Solder ****ing sucks
Posted via Mobile Device

Back