Teh Official Pats @ Packers Week 13 Game Day Thread

I'm wondering if anybody else had the same feeling I had watching yesterday's game:
I felt invested in it like it was an actual Super Bowl; the game had kind of a surreal feeling to it; I was extremely anxious during the whole game (more than even, say, the pats/broncos game); I was so jittery, my wife kept saying she was going to watch the game in the other room (she never did!); I was almost as instinctually downtrodden as I would have been, if it was an actual patriots Super Bowl loss.....
And to watch Brady and Belichick after the game, they really looked emotionally beaten. I almost felt like I was waking up from a nightmare.
I am So glad it was just a regular-season loss. I almost, in a weird way, feel like it was a present...in that the Patriots are truly still in the hunt. Anybody have some of the same feelings?
Posted via Mobile Device

We'll I certainly hope this season adds a few years to our lives!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm wondering if anybody else had the same feeling I had watching yesterday's game:
I felt invested in it like it was an actual Super Bowl; the game had kind of a surreal feeling to it; I was extremely anxious during the whole game (more than even, say, the pats/broncos game); I was so jittery, my wife kept saying she was going to watch the game in the other room (she never did!); I was almost as instinctually downtrodden as I would have been, if it was an actual patriots Super Bowl loss.....
And to watch Brady and Belichick after the game, they really looked emotionally beaten. I almost felt like I was waking up from a nightmare.
I am So glad it was just a regular-season loss. I almost, in a weird way, feel like it was a present...in that the Patriots are truly still in the hunt. Anybody have some of the same feelings?
Posted via Mobile Device
I had the same feelings to a T...

That game scored the highest rating on CBS for a regular season game since 2011!

The rest of the country may hate the Pats, but nobody can deny their drawing power. This team gets the viewers tuning in and always has done.

And the 2011 game in question, again, featured the Patriots. It was against the Donks.

That game scored the highest rating on CBS for a regular season game since 2011!

The rest of the country may hate the Pats...

My advice to them...

Hoodie_Hate.png

Posted via Mobile Device

I know what you're saying here and would say that there were parallels to the last two Super Bowls in that we couldn't get out of the gate and had to struggle to catch up against a well-coached team that was not getting fooled by much of anything.

There are only a couple of coaches in the NFL that can counter BB on the chalkboard and I believe Coughlin has proven he is one. They coached together for a lot of years and Coughlin has a sense for how BB thinks and can counter him effectively.

McCarthy is another one who has prepared his team well for us during our infrequent match-ups.

Green Bay was also able to get steady pressure from their D linemen and get Brady out of synch-- at times.

Overall, it was not a crushing sort of loss to me. They are good and were better than us on that particular day. It's going to happen a few times a year.

The piece that made GB's game so potent was Adams. If he hadn't played as well as he did--he had a better game than anyone could have predicted--NE would have won handily.

The piece that made GB's game so potent was Adams. If he hadn't played as well as he did--he had a better game than anyone could have predicted--NE would have won handily.

He definitely helped them get to that early lead.

While Logan Ryan had a solid rookie year it appeared that they liked the match up of Adams covered by Ryan and they were able to exploit it in the first half.

I recently heard a theory that it isn't how good your top two recievers are as much as it is finding an effective third guy that makes the entire air game click and I tend to believe that's true. We started rolling when LaFell suddenly started synching up with Brady around game 5.

The Adams/Ryan thing made me wonder what this season would be like had we not signed Revis and Browner and gone with the status quo which probably meant Ryan and Dennard starting at corner.

I'm not saying either of them are bad players and both could improve into solid players with some seasoning, but it's clear we would probably not be sitting here with only 3 losses.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/brilliance-rodgers-three-not-so-easy-plays

Rodgers’ initial drop out of shotgun brought him to the 19. The Patriots showed a four-man rush but Donta Hightower and Vince Wilfork aborted their initial burst and hung out at the 13. Rodgers, meanwhile, dealing with Rob Ninkovich setting the edge to Rodgers’ right and Chris Jones pushing against a double-team, began to step up but saw Wilfork edge into that seam. Rodgers retreated. Now Hightower set the left edge. Rodgers kept bouncing, looking to his left. Jones fell back in coverage now and Wilfork replaced him bringing pressure from Rodgers’ left. Rodgers’ protection at that point started to break down. The secondary – with seven dropped into their areas – gave Rodgers’ no windows. Then Hightower began to come up the middle. And Patrick Chung gave up coverage and started to rush. Rodgers fired the ball out of bounds.

Rodgers described the Patriots pass rush after the game.

"They rushed to my depth and then kind of sunk back underneath," Rodgers said. "There was rarely a time when the rush was high and wide, so a very disciplined defense. They did a great job of slowing us down, but we moved the ball pretty efficiently from our end into the red zone."

It was fascinating to watch, a game of cat-and-mouse. Few quarterbacks would have raised the white flag as Rodgers did on that play. With his arm strength and accuracy, the temptation to make a tight throw had to be huge. But understanding of the game situation – up 23-21 with a chance to go ahead 26-21 at least and make it more than a field-goal lead – shows Rodgers’ understanding of the simple stuff that too often gets lost in the fog of the play.

With Rodgers, it doesn’t. And that’s probably part of the reason why, more than a minute after the game ended and the teams had fled the freezing field, Belichick was still looking for Rodgers to shake his hand and tell him in person how damn good Rodgers is.

I was impressed with Big Vince on that infamous 12 second in the pocket play Rogers made in the 2nd half. Might sound strange to say that, but I watch it again and Vince never stopped coming, despite being blocked several times. it must have been exhausting yet he kept at it and actually got to Rogers at the end of the play when he threw it.

Other than the opening drive the Packers running game was shut down effectively. A healthy Chandler Jones to boost the pass rush and our defense could have really shut them down.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/12/1...alyzing-the-patriots-red-zone-defense-against

Of the season-high 478 yards, the Patriots' defense gave up to the Packers yesterday, only 11 did come inside the red zone. To make it easier to compare the numbers, let us take a look at how many yards Green Bay's offense gained per play:

Outside the red zone (55 offensive plays): 8.49 yards per play.
Inside the red zone (15 offensive plays): 0.73 yards per play.

Back