The draft?

midgar8784

Reaction score
So I guess with the better players leaving the team to the afc champs again this year, we turn to the draft.....what could we possibly get in the draft to counter this? How often does a rookie come in and make that big of an impact? The draft is a build for the future, not a way to fix issues right now. Also I read a few posts blaming Brady for the teams failures......There is not another QB in this league that would have taken that mess that was around him last year to an afc title game, sorry, but its true. Leaky pass protection, subpar at best receivers, defense all on IR. So when I hear statements like trade Brady while he has value....what Qb is your plan to come in here and take that mess that they put around Brady to the promise land? See when Brady is gone, this notion of putting nothing around the QB so you can build for later does not work anymore, you start putting up 5-11 seasons instead of 12-4 seasons...I know its been a long time, but that is how it is in the real world when you do not have a Brady.....Its sad that Denver is piling players all around Peyton to get him that final ring, and the pats are trying to build for after Brady is gone....and he keeps his mouth shut....yeah...obviously thats the issue.

It's rare that an organization can be as successful as the Pats for as long as the Pats have & not have a degree of hubiris.

They should overpay for Revis, but they probably won't. Most in the organization likely just look at the fact that they made it to the AFCCG, and not at how close that team was to being 8-8.

Back