The idiot known as B. Duane Cross

BuckWild

Sum Ergo Cogito
Reaction score
I can't believe what this moron wrote:

New England 31, Buffalo 17: The Patriots' 18-game winning streak spans two seasons -- and in the age of free agency that is an eternity; try turning a team around within as many games -- but the fact remains: New England hasn't been beaten since Sept. 28, 2003, when Washington posted a 20-17 victory.

If only the Pats could enjoy the streak. ... A lot was made leading up to Sunday's game at Buffalo about how New England was playing down the streak, showing nonchalance toward the record. How many times did you hear a sound bite of a Pats player or coach asking in mock indifference, "What streak?"

Everyone knows about the streak, and to fake a lack of knowledge that history is at hand is ignorant. We get that the sport is played "one game at a time," and that each player is "only here to do a job and help the team win," but you guys don't have to talk down to the fans who have a genuine interest. It smacks of aloofness.

Some people still don't get it. Maybe he should just start believing it. If someone wins 18 consecutive times I don't ask why they don't talk about it, I ask how did they do it.

Q: How do you win 18 games in a row?

A: One game at a time.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting Cross's comments aside for a moment......did anyone watch NFL playbook on Saturday? Three of the four analysts (three stooges?) picked the Bills to win Sunday. Now I understand the whole Any Given Sunday mentality but that was just rediculous. They talked up Buffalo's defense like it was the 2nd coming of the 85 Bears. I was so disgusted I turned the channel and didn't watch the rest of the show.

PatsFanDan said:
did anyone watch NFL playbook on Saturday? Three of the four analysts (three stooges?) picked the Bills to win Sunday. Now I understand the whole Any Given Sunday mentality but that was just rediculous. They talked up Buffalo's defense like it was the 2nd coming of the 85 Bears. I was so disgusted I turned the channel and didn't watch the rest of the show.

...yeah we talked about it in the NFL Network thread....i think it was BionicPatriot who added
BionicPatriot said:
Im think the line of stupidity was crossed when they said,
"They no longer have Damien Woody who helped dominate that Carolina front four in the Super Bowl"

B. Duane Cross? ain't this Randy Cross? the same guy who thought Cam Neely played TightEnd for the Patriots instead of right wing for the Bruins?
:Bruins:

Supkem said:
[B
B. Duane Cross? ain't this Randy Cross? the same guy who thought Cam Neely played TightEnd for the Patriots instead of right wing for the Bruins?
:Bruins: [/B]

no Mark Malone who used to do NFL matchup (where is he now?) confiused cam cleeland for cam neely. The big show guys tried giving them a hard time, an he acted all defensive about it

...yeah we talked about it in the NFL Network thread....i think it was BionicPatriot who added
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by BionicPatriot
Im think the line of stupidity was crossed when they said,
"They no longer have Damien Woody who helped dominate that Carolina front four in the Super Bowl"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I missed that thread but yes........ they did say that and I couldn't believe it either.

Was Woody on the sideline blocking some guys with his crutches? No wonder the Pats O-line dominated that game. I must go back and watch the film.

I couldn't agree more about B. Duane.. I like to keep reminding myself that this is the same ignoramus that picked the Dolphins to win it all this year. I don't get paid to pontificate about football and I knew for a fact that even with Ricky W., the dolphins didn't have any idea which mediocre quarterback was going to be the guy down there... So Mr. Cross, you think the Patriot players smack of aloofness because they don't want to go waxing poetic about the streak? I disagree. I think it's smacks of focus. It smacks of properly alligned priorities. And I think B. Duane Cross' opinion smacks of ignorance and stupidity... But hey, I'm new at righteous indignation...

More from Cross
Despite being the only division with two undefeated teams through Week 4, the AFC East is playing .462 ball this year. On the flip side, the division's opponents are at .451 this season. So what does all this mean? Nothing, but then again neither does winning 19 consecutive games over two seasons.

So winning more consecutive games then any team in the history of the NFL means nothing? This jacka-s amazes me.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lincoln Kennedy from NFL Network isn't much better.

On last night's Total Access, he predicted a Fins win. He doesn't think the Pats will score on the Fins defense. I guess he hasn't been watching the games.

Frankie_C said:
Iignoramus, pontificate, righteous indignation...

You could've squeezed "I eat sh*t" in between those vocabulary words and I would've missed it.:thumb:

Great post. The gems that many of these writers come up with makes me question my career choices. Why can't I make a living writing sports columns if all it takes is dressing like a slob and the abilty to tie 2000 words together to form one STINKY piece of sh#t.

Thanks, I think... Anyway, it just seems like this guy is watching a different league. What ever gave this guy any inkling that Miami could challenge for the Superbowl? As far as his latest pile of verbal diareah, I'll chalk it up to him having NOTHING to say and trying to raise hackles by saying something "controversial"... Oooh, aaah.... It's half-assed reporting.. You want good reporting? Check out the archives at the coldhardfootballfacts.com and find an article by yours truly, extolling the virtues of masterbation... Hey, at least it's honest. Thanks again.

Frankie_C said:
Thanks, I think... Anyway, it just seems like this guy is watching a different league. What ever gave this guy any inkling that Miami could challenge for the Superbowl? As far as his latest pile of verbal diareah, I'll chalk it up to him having NOTHING to say and trying to raise hackles by saying something "controversial"... Oooh, aaah.... It's half-assed reporting.. You want good reporting? Check out the archives at the coldhardfootballfacts.com and find an article by yours truly, extolling the virtues of masterbation... Hey, at least it's honest. Thanks again.

What kills me is the lack of leg work in most of these "works of art."

To say you're not aware of it would be lying," conceded Pats cornerback Tyrone Poole. "But the way we look at it, this has been more like 18 one-game winning streaks, and no one ever looks down the road and tries to figure out how long it can go. The first goal is to win this week, to make it 19, and to move on. But there might be a few minutes in the week when you allow yourself the (luxury), for a short time, to think about how the streak really is so amazing."

bideau said:

On last night's Total Access, he predicted a Fins win. He doesn't think the Pats will score on the Fins defense. I guess he hasn't been watching the games.

Funniest thing was after Linc said "if Miami can score JUST ONE touchdown, they can win this game" to which Eisen, incredulous, said, "something Miami has only done TWICE so far this season!"

:thumb:

I guess you can't really fault LK for his "unbiased" opinion, I mean, he DID play for the Raiders... :rolleyes:

bideau said:

Today is thursday, lets see if those guys on PLAYBOOK do the the same thing as L. Kennedy. the same thing they did last week.

I hate to say it, But I think they are just trying to give the "Other" team's fans some hope. How boring would it be to have everybody pick the pats every week? they have to try and make it interesting somehow? don't they?

Lincoln Kennedy strikes me as in inteligent guy. And we all know we do what were told to do by the guy thats paying us....

(Are the Pats REALLY this far beyond the pale?)

Back