The Onion on Brady and the receivers...

jim_vh

Graduate of the University of Mars
Reaction score
FOXBOROUGH, MA—Saying that "he can barely keep track of all those guys," New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady promised yesterday that, by the end of the month, he will have learned all the names of his ever-changing receiving corps. "No. 10 [Jabar Gaffney] runs a pretty good out pattern and No. 87, Rick something [Reche Caldwell], he seems like a real nice guy," Brady said when was asked how he was dealing with the departures of wide receivers Deion Branch and David Givens. "Truthfully, the great thing about this offense—and this whole team, really—is that people don't have to know anybody's name in order for things to go smoothly. In fact, Coach [Bill] Belichick encourages us not to get too attached to one another." Brady added that the last time he took the time to learn the name of one of his receivers, he was gone the following day.

LINK

I thought it was pretty funny, with a grain of truth .....

and this is from a few days ago?
i proberly know the recievers better than Brady

87- Reche Caldwell
85- Doug Gabriel
80- Troy Brown
17- Chad Jackson
10- Jabar Gaffeney.
...- Zuriel Smith (don't know his number)

chef on 11-18-2006 at 10:27 PM said:

87- Reche Caldwell
85- Doug Gabriel
80- Troy Brown
17- Chad Jackson
10- Jabar Gaffeney.

the onion is a satire site if anyone is taking it seriously. brady didn't really say that. Sorry if it causes any confusion...

SportsPickle is another site that posts satyrical/Bogus (sometimes funny) sports stories.

Here's a recent poll on that site:

SportsPickle.com Weekly Poll

What is the cause of the frosty relationship between Bill Belichick and Eric Mangini?

Answers
Votes
Percent

1. Belichick went to the well one too many times on the "mangina" jokes
18%

2. Mangini tried on Belichick's favorite sweatshirt and stretched it all out with his giant breasts
10%

3. Belichick isn't as mellow as he used to be now that his son can't get him any more weed
13%

4. there is a lot of awkwardness and confusion left over from that one night last year they stayed late watching film and the sexual tension exploded into rough, yet passionate, lovemaking
17%

5. Belichick did Mangini's wife and Mangini, being the overachieving protege that he is, in turn did Belichick's ex-wife and daughter
42%

chef on 11-18-2006 at 10:27 PM said:

87- Reche Caldwell
85- Doug Gabriel
80- Troy Brown
17- Chad Jackson
10- Jabar Gaffeney.
You're a darling, Z was cut in preseason, but I'm sure a chef would understand Onion humor...

Back