The Super Bowl

Patriot Ron

Reaction score
The Super Bowl!... Yeah I know I'm a Patriots Fan so no way would I see why the Giants could win right? Well I think its only natural to find reason for your team to overcome whatever it may be to get a win.
Here we have Offense Vs Defense right?? Wont 90% of the Media Mouths tell you its Brady and his Offense Vs The Giants Front Four on D?? Many want to tell everyone that New England is all O and no D while the Giants D towers over the Patriots D . We all know what happen 4 years ago when Brady was pressured all game and couldn't get that scoring machine going.
The Patriots Offense is so much better that the Giants Offense that it wont matter about the Defenses of either team as the Patriots will score too many points right???
Lets break it down... The NFL measures its rankings in yards yet points is what wins the game.
The Patriot Offense during its 16 regular season games put up 428 yds per game with 317.8 coming by air and 110.2 on the ground. The Giants Offense during the same time put up 385.1 yards per game with 295.1 coming by air and 89.2 on the ground. The Offenses of both teams put up pretty similar numbers with the Patriots slightly edging out the Giants in all phases measured .
So the Defensive side of these will heavily favor the Giants .... Lets See
The Giants Defense during its 16 regular season games allowed 376.4 yards per game with 255.1 coming thru the air and 121.3 on the ground. The Patriot Defense during the same time allowed 411.1 yards per game with 293.9 coming thru the air and 117.1 on the ground. The Patriots D allowed less yards on the ground making that the only phase the Patriots were better in these rankings , while none of the phases were more that 45 yds apart making a clear statement that these teams were pretty much the same in this method of measurement .
The Giants Scored an avg of 24.6 points per game while the Patriots Scored an avg of 32.1 thats a 7.5 point advantage for the Patriots
The Patriots Defense allowed 21.4 points per game the Giants allowed 25.0 points per game thats a 3.6 point Patriot Advantage too.
The Patriots played only 2 teams that ended up better than 500 and lost both , they then played 2 teams above 500 in the playoffs 9-8 Denver and 13-4 Baltimore.
The Giants played only 3 teams that ended up better than 500 and lost 2 of the 3 making them only have beaten 1 team better than 500 and losing to 2 of the others. The one team over 500 they beat? The Patriots. Of 32 NFL teams only 12 were better than 500 so how many better than 500 teams you played was NOT a good measuring stick. They played 3 more in the playoffs and won So they do have that to throw in the Patriots face.
The Patriots played 2 teams with a winning record and lost both the Giants played 3 teams with a winning record and lost 2 of them. so of 16 games the Patriots played 14 teams with a 500 or worse record and the giants played 13 The Patriots went 13-1 in those games the Giants went 8-5
The Patriots Lost at home to the Giants in week 9 the last time they lost and won 10 straight to reach the Super Bowl. The Giants last lost was week 15 and has won 5 straight since.
The Patriots had 2 Ints and 2 fumbles in the Giants game all on a short field and the Giants won by 4 points on a TD play with 15 secs left to play. I'd bet that had the Giants turned it over 4 times the Patriots would not have won by 4 points but maybe 4 scores.
In breaking down everything it comes down to which hot streak will end and who will be able to stop the other from doing what they have planned to beat the other. The Biggest Stat line that is drastically in favor of one team over the other is 15 wins 3 losses Vs 12 wins 7 losses , WINS is what is the measuring stick and no matter how you got there a win is a win. I think the Patriots keep Brady upright enough to get 3 or more points better than the Giants. 10 to 7 or 45 to 42 I dont really know which kind of game it will be , but Brady and Belichick find away to have more points on the board when the clock reaches zero. Wont say that NE needs to get turnovers to win , but they need to NOT turn it over .
I said weeks ago before NE and NY were the teams in it that the Patriots would win 44 to 27 over the NFC team , I thought it would be the Packers or 9ers at that point. BUT to stick with what I said then that is my final prediction for the Super Bowl .
In my Perfect World !!
Brady 27 of 31 for 412 yds and 4 TDs and a 3rd SB MVP
Patriot Ron

The Super Bowl!... Yeah I know I'm a Patriots Fan so no way would I see why the Giants could win right? Well I think its only natural to find reason for your team to overcome whatever it may be to get a win.
Here we have Offense Vs Defense right?? Wont 90% of the Media Mouths tell you its Brady and his Offense Vs The Giants Front Four on D?? Many want to tell everyone that New England is all O and no D while the Giants D towers over the Patriots D . We all know what happen 4 years ago when Brady was pressured all game and couldn't get that scoring machine going.
The Patriots Offense is so much better that the Giants Offense that it wont matter about the Defenses of either team as the Patriots will score too many points right???
Lets break it down... The NFL measures its rankings in yards yet points is what wins the game.
The Patriot Offense during its 16 regular season games put up 428 yds per game with 317.8 coming by air and 110.2 on the ground. The Giants Offense during the same time put up 385.1 yards per game with 295.1 coming by air and 89.2 on the ground. The Offenses of both teams put up pretty similar numbers with the Patriots slightly edging out the Giants in all phases measured .
So the Defensive side of these will heavily favor the Giants .... Lets See
The Giants Defense during its 16 regular season games allowed 376.4 yards per game with 255.1 coming thru the air and 121.3 on the ground. The Patriot Defense during the same time allowed 411.1 yards per game with 293.9 coming thru the air and 117.1 on the ground. The Patriots D allowed less yards on the ground making that the only phase the Patriots were better in these rankings , while none of the phases were more that 45 yds apart making a clear statement that these teams were pretty much the same in this method of measurement .
The Giants Scored an avg of 24.6 points per game while the Patriots Scored an avg of 32.1 thats a 7.5 point advantage for the Patriots
The Patriots Defense allowed 21.4 points per game the Giants allowed 25.0 points per game thats a 3.6 point Patriot Advantage too.
The Patriots played only 2 teams that ended up better than 500 and lost both , they then played 2 teams above 500 in the playoffs 9-8 Denver and 13-4 Baltimore.
The Giants played only 3 teams that ended up better than 500 and lost 2 of the 3 making them only have beaten 1 team better than 500 and losing to 2 of the others. The one team over 500 they beat? The Patriots. Of 32 NFL teams only 12 were better than 500 so how many better than 500 teams you played was NOT a good measuring stick. They played 3 more in the playoffs and won So they do have that to throw in the Patriots face.
The Patriots played 2 teams with a winning record and lost both the Giants played 3 teams with a winning record and lost 2 of them. so of 16 games the Patriots played 14 teams with a 500 or worse record and the giants played 13 The Patriots went 13-1 in those games the Giants went 8-5
The Patriots Lost at home to the Giants in week 9 the last time they lost and won 10 straight to reach the Super Bowl. The Giants last lost was week 15 and has won 5 straight since.
The Patriots had 2 Ints and 2 fumbles in the Giants game all on a short field and the Giants won by 4 points on a TD play with 15 secs left to play. I'd bet that had the Giants turned it over 4 times the Patriots would not have won by 4 points but maybe 4 scores.
In breaking down everything it comes down to which hot streak will end and who will be able to stop the other from doing what they have planned to beat the other. The Biggest Stat line that is drastically in favor of one team over the other is 15 wins 3 losses Vs 12 wins 7 losses , WINS is what is the measuring stick and no matter how you got there a win is a win. I think the Patriots keep Brady upright enough to get 3 or more points better than the Giants. 10 to 7 or 45 to 42 I dont really know which kind of game it will be , but Brady and Belichick find away to have more points on the board when the clock reaches zero. Wont say that NE needs to get turnovers to win , but they need to NOT turn it over .
I said weeks ago before NE and NY were the teams in it that the Patriots would win 44 to 27 over the NFC team , I thought it would be the Packers or 9ers at that point. BUT to stick with what I said then that is my final prediction for the Super Bowl .
In my Perfect World !!
Brady 27 of 31 for 412 yds and 4 TDs and a 3rd SB MVP
Patriot Ron

Nice job breaking it down.. I'd love to see Wilfork get an MVP with a four sack game. :D

Back