Tom Brady vs Frankenstats and the March to Milestones

Giant Octopodes

Reaction score
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/07/24/tom-brady-age-42-season-history-of-nfl-quarterbacks-at-age/

Combining what the records and stats are of all QBs at the age of 42 (in all of NFL history), according to this article, you end up with the following:

Warren Vinny Doug Moon Testaverde Floutie
225 - 402 (55.9%)
2685 yards
13 TDs, 14 Ints
6-9

Brady through 5 games is at:
118-187 (63.1%)
1409 Yards
10 TDs, 2 Ints
5-0

He's 2 TDs away from having the most TDs of a 42 or older QB, 220ish yards away from having the most yards, and he already has the most wins. Before the year is done, if he keeps even close to his current pace, he'll easily exceed the stats of all age 42 QBs Combined, and do so by week 10.

As far as the big ones, Brady passed Favre in yards last week, barring unexpected events he should pass Manning this week, and here are some things to watch:

This last week Brady became the first QB in NFL history to throw for 600 TDs (regular and post season combined)
Brady is 12 TDs away from Manning's record for regular season TDs. He's throwing an average of 2 TDs a game this year so currently he's trending towards being 6 weeks away from passing that.
Brady is currently at 83102 regular and post season yards, and is averaging 280 yards per game. As such he's trending towards being the first person in NFL history to pass for 85,000 yards in roughly 7 games.
Brees is at 74,845 regular season pass yards, while Brady is at 71,923. Though Brees is likely to return after a couple more weeks, were he to not return for some reason, Brady is 2922 yards behind Brees, and is trending towards passing him in 11 more games for the most regular season passing yards in NFL history.
Brady is trending towards finishing the regular season at 75,003 yards, which would currently make him the first QB in NFL history to throw for 75,000 regular season yards, though again Brees is VERY likely to pass that milestone before Brady does.
Brady is currently at 7127 completions (regular and post season combined), while Brees is at 7236. He's averaging 22 completions per game so far this year, which means he's trending towards passing that mark in 5 games, assuming Brees does not return before that point.
Brady is at 242 wins (regular and post season combined), and is 8 wins away from being the first player in NFL history (in any position) to win 250 games

Let me know if I missed any other big ones likely or possible to be hit this year.

I can't speak for everybody here, but personally, I was never a big fan of Warren Vinny Doug Moon Testaverde Floutie. He was overrated and the back of his jersey looked ridiculous. :coffee:

But, yeah, TFB is making all others who came before him look like jags.

Back