Uncommon Opponents

bighit36

Reaction score
With all the Cowboy chatter about a 5-0 record against common opponents, compared to a 3-2 record for the Pats, nobody seems to bring up their record in the other 4 games of the season. I guess I'll take the liberty.

Cowboys:

Home versus Arizona, and at Detroit.......both outstanding wins versus top quality opponents! Hats off Boys!!

An opening season loss (at home no less) to the Vickless Falcons, who afterward lost their next 7 games, looking quite foolish through most of that streak!

And do I need to even bring up the goose-egg they put up against the Bucs. Sure the Bucs are the defending SB champs, still with an outstanding defense, but they haven't been nearly as formidable as most experts thought they'd be. ( I know comparisons to another shutout will be brought up, but I figure every regular here at the Planet has had enough experience with the weekly dime a dozen troll to handle that situation!!)

Now lets look at the Patriots "Other 4 games"

A 9-3 win over the Browns at home which was one of the ugliest games ever played so there's not much to brag about there.

A 19-13 win in Miami, which is a very tough environment to play in before December. The Pats dodged a few bullets, but ultimately prevailed in overtime on a long TD pass against a blitzing Dolphins D

Last Monday night's 30-26 win in Denver on a last minute touchdown drive. Yes...Danny Kanell was the Bronco's QB, but any win in Milehigh is a good win! Especially on Monday Night.

And lets not forget the 38 to 30 win at home against Tenessee, arguably the best team this side of Kansas City. No doubt the biggest win of the season thus far, and against a formidable opponent not unlike Arizona and Detroit.

So let's hear it Cowboys fan, I know excuses start flying as soon as this thread is posted. I'm waiting!

Let me be the Cowboy fan

bighit36 said:
So let's hear it Cowboys fan, I know excuses start flying as soon as this thread is posted. I'm waiting!

Uh, those games don't matter. The only game that matters is this Sunday. You're living in the past, dude. And how do you know WE wouldn't have beaten Tennesse, Miami, and Denver in Denver? Huh?

You're wrong dude. And besides, our cheerleaders are much slutier than your cheerleaders, dude.

Re: Let me be the Cowboy fan

Steve1 said:
Uh, those games don't matter. The only game that matters is this Sunday. You're living in the past, dude. And how do you know WE wouldn't have beaten Tennesse, Miami, and Denver in Denver? Huh?

You're wrong dude. And besides, our cheerleaders are much slutier than your cheerleaders, dude.

Steve, you've lost me here. bighit36 is a Pats fan bro.....

I know pook

Just trying to say whatever the cowboy fans would say!

I know bighit36 is an excellent pats fan. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

p.s. I agree with you- now I wish that open end of the Pats new stadium was closed. An honest mistake by Kraft, I guess. Maybe he'll correct it!

Ohh crap here we go again......

ok, both teams lost two games right?

Cowboys beat "both" teams that the Pats lost to. I will give you the fluke on the first game of the season loss(Bills), if you give us a fluke on our first game of the season loss(Atlanta),but in all honesty,I think the Pats would have lost to the Bucs on the road also, that doesn't mean that the Cowboys are going to win this Sunday.My point is, some good teams started the season bad,and now days, any team can be beat by any other team. Hell, I have no clue who is going to the SB, didn't you guys go from 5-11 one year, and then win the SB the next year? I would rather watch a game with teams that have close to the same record. Actually this game means nothing between the Pat's and the Cowboys as far as a divisional or conference standpoint. Pat's need this game to remain in first place in the AFC east,and the Cowboys need this game to remain in first place in the NFC east.I just know that this is going to be a great game,but then again,it might not,it could even be a blow out for either team. All this crap about stats, and who beat who last week is out the window. Let's just kick back, pop open our favorite beverage,and enjoy the game. Good Luck Pat's

cowboy up said:
Ohh crap here we go again......

ok, both teams lost two games right?

Cowboys beat "both" teams that the Pats lost to. I will give you the fluke on the first game of the season loss(Bills), if you give us a fluke on our first game of the season loss(Atlanta),but in all honesty,I think the Pats would have lost to the Bucs on the road also, that doesn't mean that the Cowboys are going to win this Sunday.My point is, some good teams started the season bad,and now days, any team can be beat by any other team. Hell, I have no clue who is going to the SB, didn't you guys go from 5-11 one year, and then win the SB the next year? I would rather watch a game with teams that have close to the same record. Actually this game means nothing between the Pat's and the Cowboys as far as a divisional or conference standpoint. Pat's need this game to remain in first place in the AFC east,and the Cowboys need this game to remain in first place in the NFC east.I just know that this is going to be a great game,but then again,it might not,it could even be a blow out for either team. All this crap about stats, and who beat who last week is out the window. Let's just kick back, pop open our favorite beverage,and enjoy the game. Good Luck Pat's

Actually, even if the Pats lose, they'll still be in 1st place. They currently have a 2 game lead over the Fins. If Dallas loses, they could find themselve in a tie with Philly.

Cow boy up, you have a very feminine touch to your keyboard...
Anyway, I agree with you on throwing out the first week. This league is about being a work in progress, it's not how you start, it's how you finish that counts. To tell yo the truth, the Bills fans constantly try to harass us about week one, but in my mind, it was like a pre-season game. We went into the season or at least 5 days before the start of it, with Milloy as a D captain only to lose him to the Bills who we faced 4 days later. :rolleyes: Nuf said.
I also agree that the Boyz were not the team they are now when they faced Atlanta, and Atlanta didn't know how bad they sucked at that point,, Nuf said.

Yes amazing similartiies for the 5-11 turnaround to SB. But the Boyz are not there yet. I think the Cowboys are playing very well, but, still young and learning under BP. I would love to see a Dallas vs Patriots SB, wouldn't it be great if this were the preview??

As for the Pats needing this win to stay on top, well we have a 2 game lead over the Fins, and they are starting to fade fast. The Bills and Jet are all but done, so the one thing that scares me about this week, is the Pats don't "Have to" win. The Boyz on the other hand are in a division where apparantly the Eagles have woken up from their early season slump and are looking dangerous.

I won't make a prediction about this game, because it will be as much of a psychological battle between the sidelines as it will be physical on the field. Anything can happen. The Sunday night atmospere at Gillette is electric and the National audience should not be dissapointed at the outcome. :thumb:

PS no offense if you're not a woman:cool:

Back