ward article

With the type of player he is...Ward will be retained, no doubt about it, with or without Burress in the mix.

Burress will most likely draw the franchise tag this season...which won't actually sit well with him.

Like I said before, the Rooneys have already said they are going to extend Ward this offseason. Ward has said he wants a long contract and wants to retire a Steeler.

Also, since Ben entered the picture, Plex has said he is much more eager to stay in the Burgh. The two of them are neighbors in the same condo complex and have become good friends this season. Plex has stated that he has gotten the feeling before that he won't be re-signed, but I think at the very least they will franchise him. Possibly even retain him if Bettis either retires or reworks his deal again.

Bettis might retire. Same with Hartings.

Plax wants to stay here. If he doesn't ask for an extreme deal, I don't see why we don't re-sign him.

Supkem said:
Maybe if we offer them a forth round pick we can swing something, Hunh?

nah thats too much a 6 or 7th rounder is more fitting :thumb:

I saw that game and the block that Hines Ward threw on that lineman Roye! Just awesome.

I freakin' love Hines Ward (did I just say that out loud?). He's pound for pound one of the toughest guys in the league. He catches, he runs, he hustles without the ball. He blocks, he mixes it up. Hell, if I'm an NFL defensive back and I pick off a David Lee Roethlisberger pass, I'm running with my head on a swivel, looking out for that crazy man Ward.... or that over weight quarterback. ;) :p

Hines Ward is the kind of guy that every coach wants on their football team. He's a Patriot waiting to happen fellas.

pookie said:
I saw that game and the block that Hines Ward threw on that lineman Roye! Just awesome.

I freakin' love Hines Ward (did I just say that out loud?). He's pound for pound one of the toughest guys in the league. He catches, he runs, he hustles without the ball. He blocks, he mixes it up. Hell, if I'm an NFL defensive back and I pick off a David Lee Roethlisberger pass, I'm running with my head on a swivel, looking out for that crazy man Ward.... or that over weight quarterback. ;) :p

Hines Ward is the kind of guy that every coach wants on their football team. He's a Patriot waiting to happen fellas.

but he sucks without burress :rolleyes:

LVent said:
but he sucks without burress :rolleyes:

Oh please..... You two Steeler fans continue on with your quarrel. While you're doing so, we'll just slip a little red, white, blue and silver on that Ward fellow.

pookie said:
Oh please..... You two Steeler fans continue on with your quarrel. While you're doing so, we'll just slip a little red, white, blue and silver on that Ward fellow.

if that happens i will find a new team lol go
umm arizona?

LVent said:
if that happens i will find a new team lol go
umm arizona?

Nah. Go with the Cowboys! America's Team. :Eason:

Besides, I know some people who know some people that can get you a heck of a deal on a Testaverde jersey for like 20 bux.

pookie said:

He's a Patriot waiting to happen fellas.

I gotta disagree. He's a classic Steeler Hall of Famer in the now. Draft your own. :cool:

Milkman Dan said:
I gotta disagree. He's a classic Steeler Hall of Famer in the now. Draft your own. :cool:

Nah. Belichick will give him a couple more season to fester in Pitt. Then he and Pioli will grab him for cheap money when Hines decides he wants to win a ring. That's what wiley veterans seem to want to do.

I kid. I'm sure Pitt is not even thinking about letting him go.

I'm not looking for an argument on this one UConn, but to say that Ward is worthless without Burress is completely wrong.

To date I will agree that Burress has great potential. I'd love to see him signed by the Steelers within reason of course. But to date as well, Ward has proven that HE is the heart of the Steelers receiving corps and not Burress.

As Steeler fans we hope and pray that Burress would take more pages out of Ward's style of play, learn it and apply it. Then Burress would be that dominating force he's potentially projected to be.

But you can't build your team on potential alone. There comes a time a player must break out. Ward has consistently shown he can and WILL do that. Burress needs to do this more.

He can stretch the D. That's is great no doubt. But if he can't always make the big catch with double coverage then his argument and abilities are in question.

The Steelers blew it last year by placing Zereoue as the starter over Bettis. For talent reasons and for heart reasons.

To place Burress as the #1 priority over Ward would be the same mistake. Burress needs to take the reigns from Ward in order to command that respect. Until then, Ward is still the go to guy on this team. Based on his heart.

Back