Wes Welker - A+

that is branch's record

IF the Defense didnt crap their pants at the end of the game, Welker would have been SBMVP.

BUT they did, and The Giants are the Champions.

Had the Pats managed to hold on and win tonight, Welker would easily have been the MVP.

He was impressive. What a scrappy, quick guy. I wonder how much is athletic gifts and how much is chemistry with Brady. He was certainly a fantastic pickup for you guys.

Mr. Happy Sock on 02-04-2008 at 04:38 PM said:
IF the Defense didnt crap their pants at the end of the game, Welker would have been SBMVP.

is this the same D that didn't allow a point in the second and third?

Welker was one of our only bright spots tonight...

chef on 02-04-2008 at 12:39 AM said:
is this the same D that didn't allow a point in the second and third?

They failed when it counted. Period.

If you would have told me pre-game that the Giants would only score 17 points, I would have been ecstatic. However, given the circumstances and what was on the line- the D needed to make ONE MORE STOP to save the season, the superbowl, perfection, and history.

They failed.

wat about an offence that prob went about 45 straight mins without a score?

Welker is absolutely FEARLESS!!!

It concerns me that he is so fearless, that he is going to get a serious injury one day.

u can't take anything away from Faulk.
he was mad

Wes Welker has been amazing me from the beginning yet has never got the attention and acclaim he deserves. Sure it seems sexier to talk about the Brady/Moss show but the real difference maker to me is Wes Welker. Especially in this post season. Teams have figured out how to easily take out Randy Moss but Brady can always depend on little Welker to get to the ball and get all teh extra yardage when it's in his hands and slip through tackles. It's just amazing.

Tyler.Durden on 02-04-2008 at 12:58 AM said:
Welker is absolutely FEARLESS!!!

It concerns me that he is so fearless, that he is going to get a serious injury one day.

He's fearless, but, even more importantly, he is NOT reckless. Notice that a lot of the time he'll dive down before he can get tackled, but usually, by that point, he's picked up a good 5-10 yards.

[One interesting point, though--when you watch him as he runs, you can see that he can basically run with his helmet at the level of most player's waists. I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or not.]

I hope his vision doesn't let him down because he has really shone.

Is Stallworth seriously overrated? Where was he....supposedly has great spead...yet can't get open?

Welker is the man. This guy played his f’n heart out. You could see wear his neck was all raw from being headlocked and chokeslammed by defenders 100 lbs heavier than him.

Stallworth – I don’t know what to make of this guy. Maybe he just didn’t click w/Brady but man did he seem completely useless 80-90% of the time.

Welker had a hell of a game. My hat is off to him, he came to play last nite

Until the 4th quarter, the defense gave up a whopping 3 points.

They held the Giants to 91 yards on the ground.

Grabbed an INT, forced 2 fumbles.

Held Giants to 40% in the red zone.

Yet they lost the TOP battle (it was close, but considering those first two points, it should have been a blowout).

Offense scored on their first drive, and their last drive, and not in between.

Collected less than 50 yards on the ground, 275 yards total. Averaged less than 3 yards per rush.

Gave up 5 sacks.

Got into the red zone only twice.

You're blaming this on the defense? They were TIRED by the end, because the offense couldn't produce.

Plenty of blame to go around, but ask for one target?
O.L. Period.

Mr. Happy Sock on 02-04-2008 at 12:38 AM said:

Did I read this correctly? Are you really blaming the defense? Are you serious?

Back