What are the chances ?

Prometheus 441

Reaction score
With rumors abound about the status of Teddy Bruschi ,I found two items of interest that has me wondering if Teddy may actually be making an appearence this year in some type of Belichickian plot twist.The first was the report that Teddy was training again and appears to be very much in the middle of things (this of course is'nt new and has been aknowledeged by the Pats).The second is a comment made by Bob Kraft in an interview on Ch.4 last night.This may not be anything or it may be a tip to a major polt twist in the Teddy saga,you decide.

The comment that Kraft made was losely like this

Interviewer :Bob,what will you do this year now that Teddy Bruschi wont be playing ?.

Bob Kraft: (interjecting and smiling) "You mean, may not play this year"

I found this to be most interesting coming from the head of the head of the usually tight lipped Patriots organization.So what do you think ?.Is the Teddy not playing line just smoke and mirrors ,or are they just leaving the options if he makes good progress in his recovery,or is Teddy really going to sit out the whole season ?

Originally posted by Prometheus441 or are they just leaving the options if he makes good progress in his recovery?

That would make the most sense to me. I'd love to read more into it (that he's really healthy and would be cleared 5 minutes before opening night to stun the nation and the Raiders) but it just sounds like they're all being non-committal on his playing status. Wait and see...

It ain't gonna happen.
Why?
Four of the best reasons.

His wife and their three sons.

Tedy Bruschi will be out the 10 week minimium. I firmly believe (and always have believed) he will be back during the regular season and playoffs. Not much reason to be talking about it now though.

I think theres a good possibility that he'll return this year. I think that they (The patriots organization) know that he will return. His decision for this year is not as up in the air as the patriots would like for us to think it would be. my opinion is they will hold him out of the brutal 6-8 weeks and have him return. just think about it.

1. dont you think the patriots would rather kill speculation (even if its correct) heading into training camp? can you imagine all the annoying regurgitated articles and questions about bruschi's return. it would have been somewhat of a training camp media circus and served more as a distraction to the team.

2.the pats put bruschi on the PUP when they announced that he would sit out the ENTIRE season. they then justified the placement on the pup because "they want to keep their options open" . C'mon If he decided to sit out the whole season then why would there be such a need to keep their options open? :rolleyes:

3. from what ive read none of the three doctors that he consulted with saw any setbacks or discouraging developments concerning his heart and his rehab.

call me a conspiracy theorist all you want but I believe this is belichick taking a bad situation and using it as his best hand in poker.it's just up to the rest of the league to call his bluff.

Nothing would surprise me with the Pats! If Bruschi comes back or never plays again...I guess it would be what I would expect. Which with the BB run Pats is the unexpected.;)

You are correct. They were too busy getting ready for the season to be constantly answering questions about fan-favorite Bruschi. Hell, I think they even had helicopters circling Tedys house at the time

He has to miss at least 10 games I believe. He will enter the game at some point at Gillette on Dec 4th (vs Jets).

Tylaw24 said:
I think theres a good possibility that he'll return this year. I think that they (The patriots organization) know that he will return. His decision for this year is not as up in the air as the patriots would like for us to think it would be. my opinion is they will hold him out of the brutal 6-8 weeks and have him return. just think about it.

1. dont you think the patriots would rather kill speculation (even if its correct) heading into training camp? can you imagine all the annoying regurgitated articles and questions about bruschi's return. it would have been somewhat of a training camp media circus and served more as a distraction to the team.

I hope he doesn't come back. He would be putting too much at risk.

Back