Who is the Officiating crew for the game?

Hemi_1

Reaction score
Anyone know which officiating crew will be calling the game?

Is this decided by the teams or the League?

January 20, 2007
Carollo gets call
Bill Carollo is scheduled to referee Sunday's AFC championship game between the Patriots and Colts at the RCA Dome.

This means Carollo was rated as one of the top five referees this season.

Also, at this stage of the playoffs, crews that worked the entire season together are no longer intact. Instead, the league takes the highest rated officials at each spot, and pieces together "all-star" crews.

Each official on the field this weekend is rated in the top five at their respective position.

I just hope the referee's arn't going to be all "flag happy" after Polian's comments about how defenses have been getting away with too much during the playoffs. I've seen enough BS pass interference calls against the Patriots for one lifetime! Let the players play the game!

patattack84 on 01-20-2007 at 12:05 PM said:
I just hope the referee's arn't going to be all "flag happy" after Polian's comments about how defenses have been getting away with too much during the playoffs. I've seen enough BS pass interference calls against the Patriots for one lifetime! Let the players play the game!

Carollo is know for letting the boys play much to the chargrine of Na-Polian.

MrWeekend on 01-20-2007 at 12:14 PM said:
Carollo is know for letting the boys play much to the chargrine of Na-Polian.
Unfortunately, Carollo just reports what his Side and Back Judges have decided, the question for me is what standard did the League use to grade officials to put together their all-star squads? Is it a Polian no-touchy standard or a more football friendly standard? If all-star Side and Back Judges are there because they adhered strictly to the Polian-rules intent, then it could be a long day for the Pats secondary - still, Polian's head had to explode when his players were getting gigged for touching against Baltimore, maybe the calls will work two ways without bias tomorrow, maybe.

Box_O_Rocks on 01-20-2007 at 12:25 PM said:
Unfortunately, Carollo just reports what his Side and Back Judges have decided, the question for me is what standard did the League use to grade officials to put together their all-star squads? Is it a Polian no-touchy standard or a more football friendly standard? If all-star Side and Back Judges are there because they adhered strictly to the Polian-rules intent, then it could be a long day for the Pats secondary - still, Polian's head had to explode when his players were getting gigged for touching against Baltimore, maybe the calls will work two ways without bias tomorrow, maybe.

Just repeating what I read in the Herald:

"The referee for Sunday’s AFC Championship Game will be Bill Carollo, who definitely likes to let ’em play. While Carollo will not have his regular crew but an “all-star” group (best back judge, best umpire, etc.), it’s still worth noting the following:

Carollo’s crew threw the fourth-fewest flags in the league during the season.

They only called 11 offensive holdings, the fewest in the league (most crews had over 30).

They only called five defensive pass interferences, the fewest in the league.

They did have 10 illegal contact calls, which is high, but just eight defensive holdings, which is low. "

It's no wonder Na-Polian is trying to sway the officials before the game.

Here's the link:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=177967

he was also the official in the last afc championship game our teams played. you know, the one where you were allowed to turn guys inside-out and it wasn't holding or interference...

:banghead:

Yes, but since he doesn't have "his" crew, we're left guessing about the side and back judges.

WV-Colt: Welcome to football.

MrWeekend on 01-20-2007 at 12:33 PM said:
Just repeating what I read in the Herald:

"The referee for Sunday’s AFC Championship Game will be Bill Carollo, who definitely likes to let ’em play. While Carollo will not have his regular crew but an “all-star” group (best back judge, best umpire, etc.), it’s still worth noting the following:

Carollo’s crew threw the fourth-fewest flags in the league during the season.

They only called 11 offensive holdings, the fewest in the league (most crews had over 30).

They only called five defensive pass interferences, the fewest in the league.

They did have 10 illegal contact calls, which is high, but just eight defensive holdings, which is low. "

It's no wonder Na-Polian is trying to sway the officials before the game.

Here's the link:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=177967

Box_O_Rocks on 01-20-2007 at 12:47 PM said:
Yes, but since he doesn't have "his" crew, we're left guessing about the side and back judges.

I agree things may be different without his crew but let's hope he can be a "postive" influence on the rest of the officials.:D

WV-Colt on 01-20-2007 at 12:45 PM said:
he was also the official in the last afc championship game our teams played. you know, the one where you were allowed to turn guys inside-out and it wasn't holding or interference...

:banghead:

Do you really want to start a agrument between real football and pussy ball again? Hasn't that been covered ad nauseum ?

You need to hurry back to the RATS board. Someone just said something mean about Peyton. Ban that sumbitch :D

MrWeekend on 01-20-2007 at 12:51 PM said:
I agree things may be different without his crew but let's hope he can be a "postive" influence on the rest of the officials.:D
H'mm, I think there is supposed to be an "i" in there, but my spell check offered "costive" as a possible alternative spelling, which would really make things uncomfortable for the officials...http://www.bartleby.com/61/34/C0673400.html.

>)

OK so its Carollo. Thanks JONATHAN.

He does a decent job, Yes I heard about Na-polian complaining about the Pats secondary all ready as well. Usualyl this type of plee backfires on you. I pray it to be true in this case.

What an assclown na-Polian is. Does he really think he can help his team win by drawing attention to himself from the officials?

Back