2024 Draft discussion ONLY-please.

For these reasons, I think Wolf has a much better opportunity to show us who he is in the draft than in FA.

He also came up in Green Bay, who are never in on FA, Draft, Develop, Resign....that is the Green Bay way. I heard a stat the other day that off 22 starters, 21 of them were drafted by GB. Its possible he sold the Krafts on that being the right way forward, no quick fixes, rebuild the team.

I don't know that obviously, but it would explain alot.

He also came up in Green Bay, who are never in on FA, Draft, Develop, Resign....that is the Green Bay way. I heard a stat the other day that off 22 starters, 21 of them were drafted by GB. Its possible he sold the Krafts on that being the right way forward, no quick fixes, rebuild the team.

I don't know that obviously, but it would explain alot.

And yet the Packers signed FAs Xavier McKinney and Josh Jacobs this year.

I enjoy looking at all the prospects of whom we might get like a kid with the Sears catalog at Christmas (it's an age reference deal ).But the reality of our draft is so murky ,we look at needs , wants , who's available and ability to get them but then ,there stands the elephant !.We are'nt on a rudderless ship , we're bailing in the boiler room of Titanic .This whole " burn the house down " that Kraft has come up with is already frought with flaws.You dump 90% of your structure but still leave dead weight in your ranks.It's like doing a heart transplant on a terminal cancer patient.Sure , you'll keep him kicking a bit longer but the end result is the same.

Seriously , looking at our FA activity , does anyone trust Wolfe to solid , sane , decisions ?.The fact that 99% of the fans on here get what the team needs and the Patriots front office doesn't , shows where this draft is going.We will certainly get some great picks , but putting them into this disfunctional family will be a mess.You don't plant new seed in bad soil.The Pat's need to get their house in order , draft smart , and do a legitimate , honest rebuild and not just one that gives the owner the warm and fuzzies.

I don't see any use in drafting a QB at 3 , it seems wasteful at this point.Possibly one at 5 might work , but our need is to great at many positions.Then it's time to say goodbye to any of the under peerformers on the roster who have been given a pass on the hope that they would improve ( they aren't ).I want the team to establish a philosphy ,they put a bullet in the head of "The Patriot way " so show us something better , tell us who you are ! , who Patriot Nation is !.

I want to see an intelligent , thoughtful draft. I want to see a draft class that lifts our confidence , not only in the team but the leadership. Alas , I don't have any reasonable belief this will happen.So , in a final ode to the "Patriot Way " , I say to team management , that all I want is you to " DO YOUR DAMN JOB ".

Great post. I agree that the draft alone isn't enough because you're bringing young players into a dysfunctional, directionless organization.

This is a sure-fire to waste draft picks even if they're high quality.

Only way to redeem this would be to wheel and deal some draft picks for veterans that can help right now.

If Pats go high on a QB, it's definitely necessary to give him time and weapons. This is why I was all for the Brisset signing.

But as far as weapons go, this has been a complete failure. The only "weapons" is Bourne coming off a torn ACL and Pop who's one big hit away from ruining his career.

Why Pats don't look to address the WR situation is beyond me, but my hope is a trade during or post draft.

All that said I won't hold my breath, though.

Back