A Football Life: Alan Page

Roberto71

Reaction score
Have to admit, didn't know a whole lot about this guy.

Bit f**k me.....what a player. One of the best D Lineman of all time, 9 times all Pro and the first ever Defensive player to win MVP.

And what a great man as well, successful lawyer and got as far as the Minnesota supreme court.

Well worth a look if you have time.

Have to admit, didn't know a whole lot about this guy.

Bit f**k me.....what a player. One of the best D Lineman of all time, 9 times all Pro and the first ever Defensive player to win MVP.

And what a great man as well, successful lawyer and got as far as the Minnesota supreme court.

Well worth a look if you have time.

Played DE at the end of his career at like 200 lbs. This isn't a new one, but it is a pretty good one, I agree. Worth watching.

Played DE at the end of his career at like 200 lbs. This isn't a new one, but it is a pretty good one, I agree. Worth watching.

Fascinating guy, his taking up long distance running just shed that weight right off...He had a profound effect on the beginning of that Bears Buddy Ryan defense.

The last one on Charles Haley was a really good one as well.

Fascinating guy, his taking up long distance running just shed that weight right off...He had a profound effect on the beginning of that Bears Buddy Ryan defense.

The last one on Charles Haley was a really good one as well.

Charles Haley is straight-up crazy, but:

JMU-Sports-Logo-640x360-jpg.jpgslITNfr

So I'm obviously a fan. :coffee:

I seem to remember him years ago appearing on TV in his judicial robes for a public service announcement. I forget what he was promoting, exactly, but I'm reasonably sure it had to do with education (Reading Is Fundamental, or "Stay in School, Kids," or something like that).

Some life that guy had.:thumb:

I haven't seen Page's AFL yet, but I remember him well.

He was smallish, but lightning-quick and was a disruptive force in the middle of that great Vikings line known as the Purple People Eaters. He was a free-lancer and gap shooter with great instincts.

I can name the members of that line without Google's help. Jim Marshall, Page, Gary Larson and Carl Eller.

Arguably the best defensive line that ever played. I'm not even sure Page was the best player among them with Carl "Moose" Eller an absolute pass-rushing beast at RDE.

I'll have to watch for that one. Thanks.

Back