Alex Brown

The guy is like 30. Way too late to convert to linebacker now. And he doesn't come close to having the size to play DE. Maybe a pass rushing situational OLB?

Agreed he'd only be worthy of playing DE in the 4-3. Same age and size as Burgess basically. Situational pass rusher which is severely lacking now that Green is gone. If there is any market for Brown, I would not suggest overpaying him but I think he's worth a look. Signing him would certainly not fill the much needed stud DE and OLB, of which I believe this team needs both at this point. Hopefully they can fill that in the draft because it ain't likely happening in FA this year.

I have been on this since they first signed Peppers and talk started circulating that the Bears were looking to trade him. I love Brown. I'd love to have Brown. Now that the Bears have released him... We better at least be bringing him in for a chat.

If memory serves right, The Pats traded their pick plus a low round to the Bears to pick Ty Warren? The Bears took the Pats pick and drafted this guy.

Back