Allow Yourself the Fantasy... (WARNING: This May Hurt)

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
Not to be a dick, but I can't help fantasizing about different outcomes to the game. It was a great Superbowl from the vantage of being a close, competitive game - but it could have been one of the Greatest Of All Time - ...at least for Pats fans...

So if your stomach can take it, imagine the following...

What if Gronk had come up with that Hail Mary? I think that would have been the best possible ending to this game - everybody would be saying how Myra tipped it into his hands and such. And it would be, if I'm right, the only SB other than 2001 to be decided on the last play of the game.

But what if it never came to that? Another great outcome would be the defense making a crucial play on Eli's last drive. And interception by Sterling Moore? A forced fumble by recovered by Vince as he scoops it up and rumbles into the endzone to cement the win...In this scenario, all talk of Eli being clutch would be suspended (at least temporarily) as he pisses away the victory...

So, if you can take it, how would you have liked to seen this game go down? What would have been the most epic way to win you can imagine?

And, I'll add for those who will bash the idea of this thread - that allowing yourself to do so is a bit cathartic as well. At least for me. As I imagine the "what-if's", I realize how close they were to becoming reality - and that gives me hope for the future.

Instead of the intentional grounding/safety, Ochocinco was flying down the field uncovered for a 98 yard touchdown. Patriots go on to win 59-0

Instead of the intentional grounding/safety, Ochocinco was flying down the field uncovered for a 98 yard touchdown. Patriots go on to win 59-0

Yeah, I wish Ocho had a better game too. It would have been great to see him be that deep threat we all thought he would be.

My fantasy is that we go the SB the next 2 years and win both.No Team could ever come close to our legacy is such happened.Thing is, It could happen, Expect big things in the next few years.

Would be nice to have a Team thats so explosive on both sides of the Ball, we dont need Field Goals and win by 3 TD`s in all 3 playoff games.Hows that for a fantasy? Again, it could very well happen. I Billieve.

My fantasy is that we go the SB the next 2 years and win both.No Team could ever come close to our legacy is such happened.Thing is, It could happen, Expect big things in the next few years.

Would be nice to have a Team thats so explosive on both sides of the Ball, we dont need Field Goals and win by 3 TD`s in all 3 playoff games.Hows that for a fantasy? Again, it could very well happen. I Billieve.

Vegas already has the Pats as favorites to win it all next year. 5-1 odds, followed by the Packers at 11-2 odds. Could easily happen.

I too think we'll be back in the big one in 2013.

Vegas already has the Pats as favorites to win it all next year. 5-1 odds, followed by the Packers at 11-2 odds. Could easily happen.

I too think we'll be back in the big one in 2013.

It makes sense really, this team did very well despite an incredibly suspect defence and a rash of injuries to key players. If key players remain healthy and we get the right guys in through Free Agency and the Draft then we have every chance of going back to the big one.

The D coming up with a big play on what turned out to be the Giants game winning drive would have been sweet. Hell, any positive outcome would have been sweet.

on the hail mary scenario... I would have taken it for sure, but then we'd just be called "lucky cheaters".

on the hail mary scenario... I would have taken it for sure, but then we'd just be called "lucky cheaters".

yeah, I'd take it but it would definitely be kinda cheap

I really, really wanted Brady to complete a methodical 80 yard TD drive in 54 seconds with no timeouts down 4 points in the Superbowl. That would be bar-none the greatest TD drive in NFL history.

The D coming up with a big play on what turned out to be the Giants game winning drive would have been sweet. Hell, any positive outcome would have been sweet.

Eh, I have been called worse...

I've quietly believed that a healthy Gronk dives and catches that.

I've quietly believed that a healthy Gronk dives and catches that.

With a healthy Gronk we are probably never in need of a hail mary. Just the thought of that.... *%&#*(!! me in the $*!(#*$# Bernard Pollard you *$&$#*! mother-$*((!@. piece of $*!&^(!... AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:coffee:
(I'm ok... just had to get that out.... again)

Back