Any Torchwood: fans here? Torchwood: Children of Earth starts on July 20th

HarpoonIPA

ハープーンIPA &#1249
Reaction score
BBC AMERICA is going HD on July 20th and know one knows what cable TV and Dish providers will be carrying this channel in HD.

http://www.press.bbcamerica.com/press/programoverview.jsp?program_id=102

Have any of you heard if your provider will be carrying this channel? And if so who is your provider?

I want my HD fix of Torchwood: Children of Earth
BBC AMERICA’s top-rated series, Torchwood, returns for an epic television event over five consecutive nights with the U.S. premiere of Torchwood: Children of Earth. Torchwood: Children of Earth premieres on Monday, July 20, 9:00 - 10:15 p.m. ET/PT. A new episode premieres each night from Monday, July 20 through Friday, July 24, 9:00 - 10:15 p.m. ET/PT. The previous night’s episode will encore at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.

BBC AMERICA is going HD on July 20th and know one knows what cable TV and Dish providers will be carrying this channel in HD.

http://www.press.bbcamerica.com/press/programoverview.jsp?program_id=102

Have any of you heard if your provider will be carrying this channel? And if so who is your provider?

I want my HD fix of Torchwood: Children of Earth
BBC AMERICA’s top-rated series, Torchwood, returns for an epic television event over five consecutive nights with the U.S. premiere of Torchwood: Children of Earth. Torchwood: Children of Earth premieres on Monday, July 20, 9:00 - 10:15 p.m. ET/PT. A new episode premieres each night from Monday, July 20 through Friday, July 24, 9:00 - 10:15 p.m. ET/PT. The previous night’s episode will encore at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Miss Cat loves Torchwood. If you like the series, you'll like this one. Be warned- it gets really dark at times...

Unfrtunately, I missed out on Torchwood. It was showing at the same time as a whole bunch of other shows that we were actively watching & they piled up in my DVR.

We planned on doing a marathon of them (we do this frequently)... and hadn't gotten around to it yet. We had all of the Torchwoods saved.

And the hard drive crashed :***:

Got them in our Netflix Queue now.

We lost the entire last season of Supernatural and the last 2 seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philiadelphia as well.

:***:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-RsdkaIihA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-RsdkaIihA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I likes me some Torchwood, though not quite as much as Doctor Who. Already have Children of Earth set to record, but in SD only. Not that I actually expected Comcast to have BBCA HD on the opening date or anything. I mean they're just supposed to be the largest cable company in the country, right? Can't ask that.

So, the premise is what now?

I see stationary freaky kids, weird government action, fire in the sky.

All I know is they advertise the hell out of it during Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares.

All I know is they advertise the hell out of it during Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares.

Yeah, they put a lot of money down on advertising it in HD also, and no cable or satellite provider put the HD feed on:banghead::mad:

Ok, picture X-Files crossed with something like Melrose Place and a bit of Jack Bauer thrown in. Basically, you've got Cardiff Wales sitting on a big rift in space time; been there for years but things are starting to drift through. Torchwood was founded in the 1800s by Queen Victoria as a secret organization to protect the kingdom against extra-terrestrial invasions after she had a run in with The Doctor (as in Doctor Who). In the early years, they were in the "not nice" category trying to manipulate and exploit things to benefit and such, and had a couple of "fights" with The Doctor as a result. Then our dashing - and completely sexually liberated (not gay exactly, but more he'd do anything that moves) - hero Captain Jack Harkness, who happens to be immortal (also thanks to a run-in with The Doctor) takes over and turns them to more of a good organization, just trying to protect people from bad things happening because of the rift. He's extreme in actions and absolute in his judgment. Once his mind is made up, getting in his way can be hazardous. He gets the job done, but leaves some scars (emotional and otherwise) in his wake.

As for this mini-series (which is effectively in lieu of a third season), we don't know too much. All the children everywhere in the world just suddenly stopped mid-stride, and eventually started saying "We are coming". We don't know who or what's coming (even after last night's ep), just that something similar happened in 1965, and now the government is trying to kill Jack Harkness.

As far as it goes, if you're much into geeky sci-fi, I'd highly recommend checking out the first few seasons of the most recent Doctor Who incarnation. Jack first appears towards the second half of the first season, and Torchwood was spun off after the 2nd. Even my wife, who completely scoffed when I was so thrilled a new Doctor Who was coming ended up getting hooked and watching both it and Torchwood with me.

The 5 episodes were great. I dont normally watch Torchwood but had to watch all 5.

I thought about downloading so I could watch in HD (since Comcast is dragging its ass), but we're just watching them as they air this go round. Now the Doctor Who specials I'm too impatient to wait for US airings of. :)

We were lucky they showed all the Torchwood episodes in a week here.

I love Dr Who. Wife bought me a 3ft tall remote control Red Dalek. Its brilliants. Also got a Dalek air freshener in the car who's been nicknamed Dave.

I thought about downloading so I could watch in HD (since Comcast is dragging its ass), but we're just watching them as they air this go round. Now the Doctor Who specials I'm too impatient to wait for US airings of. :)

That was one great episode last night, I can’t wait for part 2

We are coming!!!
We are coming!!!
We are coming!!!
We are coming!!!

We are back!!!

We were lucky they showed all the Torchwood episodes in a week here.

I love Dr Who. Wife bought me a 3ft tall remote control Red Dalek. Its brilliants. Also got a Dalek air freshener in the car who's been nicknamed Dave.

Yeah, they're doing the same here.

Ok, the remote control Dalek would be cool. I had a complete Doctor Who theme I had built for my phone for while, but haven't built a new one for the new phone. Still using the Series 3 version of the theme (I like the violin baseline) for ringtone when my wife calls.

Yeah, they're doing the same here.

Ok, the remote control Dalek would be cool. I had a complete Doctor Who theme I had built for my phone for while, but haven't built a new one for the new phone. Still using the Series 3 version of the theme (I like the violin baseline) for ringtone when my wife calls.

I have it as well got it from the official site. Not sure if you still can

I'll post a picture of the Dalek when I get chance, need new batteries now though

WTF you mean this is going to go on for FIVE nights? Every night for 5 nights they're going to take an episode and run it 3 times?

I was pissed on Monday when I tried to watch Top Gear only to find this crap on all night. Then the same the next night, and the next night. But they're going to do it all week? If you watch BBC America, it's probably because you like a specific show or 2 that they have. You'll be tuning in just to see that show. And instead you get this Doctor Who spinoff non stop.

:shake:

WTF you mean this is going to go on for FIVE nights? Every night for 5 nights they're going to take an episode and run it 3 times?

I was pissed on Monday when I tried to watch Top Gear only to find this crap on all night. Then the same the next night, and the next night. But they're going to do it all week? If you watch BBC America, it's probably because you like a specific show or 2 that they have. You'll be tuning in just to see that show. And instead you get this Doctor Who spinoff non stop.

:shake:

This Sunday their running a Torchwood marathon also:)

Back