Anybody like this guy?

MUSHDIVIA

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster. I'm a big fan of productive smaller school prospects. I understand that RB is by no means a desperate need for the Pats, but I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on Division II star Danny Woodhead. He now holds the all time NCAA(all divisions) record for rushing yards in a career. It's hard for me to believe he can't play in the NFL, and he seems like a low risk/high reward, late round pick(UDFA before yesterday). He participated in UNebraska's pro day, 3/12/08.

http://www.cstv.com/video/?s=videohub&vid=5054

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=10281887

Are you his agent?

div II
You can only play your competition, and his competition wasn't all that good.

Much like Colt Brennan, probably 6th round pick despite all the records.

They will be given a shot, yes they are low risk high reward and probably 1 in 15 pan out.

These guys could really pay off so i'm all for looking at them in the later rounds

No, you love Cory Boyd.

BTW, I'll be in SC in a few weeks and ordinarily I would say "hey, want to get a beer?" but frankly I am terrified of you.

;)

Theres no reason to be afraid....you wont feel a thing......

When are you going to be here? What part of SC?

Grab a root beer at one of SC's kids soccer matches and give us an analysis of his coaching style...:choices:

I lost my first game this past saturday. We played our arch rivals, and lost 2-1, and i was missing my second best player. I'm now 8-1-1 in my coaching career.

Theres no reason to be afraid....you wont feel a thing......

When are you going to be here? What part of SC?

I'm hitting Myrtle Beach for a few days. Staying in North Myrtle/Little River area and arriving on 3/31 with a few of the boys for some therapeutic pasture pool and sunshine.

The wives wanted to ship us off somewhere as a Christmas gift and what better destination than SC during early April? Prime weather and conditions.

This is about my 7th time down there and I really love that part of the country. Beautiful beaches, trashy strippers, infinite golf, lots of bright lights at night, hush puppies, friendly waitresses with syrupy voices.....what's not to love?

I'm craving warmth. It was 22 bleeping degrees this morning. I've had enough of the frozen tundra.

You know the Little River area at all?

You know the Little River area at all?

Nope. Never heard of it. Looked it up on a map though, looks like youre about 45 feet over the state line from NC :)

When we go to the beach we mostly go to Surfside, which is a few miles south of Myrtle Beach. Its all pretty much the same.Sand, water, hotels. Myrtle Beach is a little more touristy, and the further you get away from it north or south, the less crowded and more family oriented it gets. Im not a golfer either, so i know next to nothing about that aspect of the coast.

Nope. Never heard of it. Looked it up on a map though, looks like youre about 45 feet over the state line from NC :)

When we go to the beach we mostly go to Surfside, which is a few miles south of Myrtle Beach. Its all pretty much the same.Sand, water, hotels. Myrtle Beach is a little more touristy, and the further you get away from it north or south, the less crowded and more family oriented it gets. Im not a golfer either, so i know next to nothing about that aspect of the coast.

Roger that. It can get pretty nuts right in the heart of Myrtle Beach as I found out the hard way one year when we unknowingly booked a beachfront condo right smack in the middle of Duke U.'s spring break.

The first night they all passed out by 10PM and I thought "what a bunch of weenies. I would have been up all night chasing tail if I was their age."

Of course, they all woke up around 1AM and it was "YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!" until the sun came up. The rest of the week was lather, rinse and repeat.

The next trip was a little better. We now knew Duke took an early spring break, but this time we ended up in the middle of Harley's 50th anniversary bike week.

Nothing like listening to the pipes on a Fat Boy in the wee hours. Now we make sure we go someplace relatively quiet so we can get some frigging sleep.

back to the Woodhead discussion

From what I hear the kid is a little water bug, he can't be hit hard. I have never watched him play, the Chadron games were not on local TV allllll the way over in Lincoln. My little brother's friend (yeah, it's about forth party information but that's how things work here in Hickville, USA) plays football for CSC and said that he gets about 50 carries a day in practice too. I think he has a lot of miles on those legs, but they don't sound like they are very rough miles. If he can catch, which I assume he can, he was a basketball star at North Platte as well, then I think he will be pretty usefull.

Back