Anyone play Diablo 3?

Picked it up about a week ago. Level 28 Monk. Still in Act 3 Normal. First time Diablo player. Still figuring out the game. I can't figure out if and extra 30 DPS are better to have than 450 HP? My resistances are crap right now but its still early to worry about it. I'm trying to get my HP and DPS up and worry about resist later.

Resists won't matter much until possibly late Hell or when you get to Inferno. With the recent nerfs, Inferno isn't even that big of a deal anymore.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it long-term since you never played the other Diablo games.

As a long-time D2 player, I'm extremely disappointed with D3. Already sold all my gear on the RMAH and have even reinstalled D2 :(

Necro post.

For anyone who played D3 and was as disappointed as I was, I'd definitely suggest checking out Torchlight II.

Torchlight is designed by Runic Games, which houses numerous ex-members of Blizzard North (designer of Diablo I and II). TL2 is a nice improvement in the series and does so many things right that D3 did wrong or removed from the game entirely. I won't go too much into detail because there are plenty of reviews, videos, and feedback to find online.

I pre-ordered TL2 when I realized just how awful D3 was and I'm very happy I did. With the semester starting I've only had time for about 20 hours of gameplay so far but those 20 hours of low-level gameplay have been more fun and rewarding than the couple hundred I put into D3.

For $20 on Steam, it's a phenomenal value.

Back