Are The Patriots Rebuilding?

Im not worried about it. This team is and will reamin competitive and with Brady running the group, Its all good.

Hemi_1 said:
Im not worried about it. This team is and will reamin competitive and with Brady running the group, Its all good.

Sorry, they just cut that bum too.

It's okay...Bruschi is going to play QB, and if Branch isn't open, he is going to lob it upfield, then dash up the field and catch it himself.

I'd say the Patriots are *emptying*. I can't think of another word to describe it.

They've implemented a swinging door policy, but the door is swinging in one direction...

The Patriots will have enough money under the cap to solve all their problems. Seems like the panic button is good. At least there is more Patriot talk on the radio.

Banks writes a well-written and well-thought out article, but it has some inaccuracies.

First, he suggests that sooner or later the whole Patriots approach will fail. Perhaps, but the Patriots approach has "probability" on its side. Unlike the Redskins, who basically take wild gambles year after year, hoping to roll craps, the Patriots method is designed to give us the BEST CHANCE at fielding a highly competitive team EVERY YEAR.

No blowing up the team and rebuilding (see Titans, Tennessee). EVERY YEAR. Some years things won't work out, but we won't be in cap hell as a result, we'll cut the players we need to, and move on.

That's the genius of it that he's missing. "Sooner or later this won't work" isn't the point at all. The point is over a greater period of time than ANY OTHER possible system, it WILL work.

With AV, McGinest, & Co. gone, I now firmly believe this is a YES.

We'll still compete, but it appears we are in the process of a mini overhaul.

well, call me "Mr Doom and Gloom" but this looks like the beginning of the end. We are heading into the fate that the packers are enjoying now, looking up at the rest of the NFL....

On the bright side, looks like my weekends in January will be free for the next unforseeable future

I'd have to say yes. I said 'emptying' before and I think that's the best term.

Why? Because though posters have listed what we've lost in (extreme terms...I mean, Willie, sure say he's getting up there, but to say he's a JAG is ridiculous), not one person has mentioned exactly where we are going to find the 'tools' to 'retool'.

Those tools are gone. Can someone give us a list of potential FAs come June 1? Is there something I'm missing? With all of this emptying, there has to be some sun in the horizon....but people post about 'retooling' and 'we haven't lost much'...whilst not explaining where the hill is from which our OL and WR and LB and K holes are gonna get filled from.

You can't spend money when there's nothing to spend it on, right? So does anyone have any ideas on what's up for grabs June 1? Is that what Belioli are thinking? I haven't seen ONE article discussing this...and normally by this time of the year, we've seen a number of potential players who would be axed June 1. Seems to me, these guys were already axed in front of the potential NFLPA non-agreement this year...

MrWhite said:
well, call me "Mr Doom and Gloom" but this looks like the beginning of the end. We are heading into the fate that the packers are enjoying now, looking up at the rest of the NFL....

On the bright side, looks like my weekends in January will be free for the next unforseeable future
well Mr. Doom and Gloom, I am making plans for next January to be doing what I do best. I plan on sitting in the cold stadium watching my New England Patriots in the playoffs rooting my hardest.

The Packers had too much turnover in the front office to maintain an level of play. With each incoming Front Office and Coaching change a change in philosophy takes place. We, New England Patriot fans, are spoiled right now with a F.O./H.C. stability. With that stability comes a system that has been in place for a while and a proven winning theory.

Back