Are there mainstream studies Foxborough's megaliths & other major New England ones?

I gotta admit, as a cranky skeptic type, I was expecting the OP to end is their post with this, assuming that s/he was just posting anywhere s/he could after being kicked off one too many skeptic sites. LOL

View attachment 98528

But instead it turned into a very interesting thread with awesome contributions from Planet Peeps, so....:toast: and :Lwelcome:, rako.

But yes, we still want to know the answer to UT's question, if you don't mind. :)

Thanks alot. It is neat hearing a "cranky skeptic-type " actually like something I wrote. ;)

gron.0.gif

Anyway, typically mainstream scholars believe it was aliens who built the root cellars, not the native Americans.

If extraterrestrials were involved, their presence or traces at ancient sites around the world has been ghost-like. It's like if you are in your kitchen and the pots fly across the room. You have not seen a ghost throw them, you are just following circumstantial evidence or other traces.

So when it comes to New England's megaliths, let's say that nowadays UFO sightings are real and have been sometimes claimed near megalithic sites in New England. A few urban mythmakers have concluded there is a relationship. But the correlation between the sites and the sightings is really not that strong, as opposed to the sightings being any place else in New York and New England. It's not like they are hovering right over the site once a month with dozens of witnesses. It's just a curious-sounding myth.

It's neat for me to think that in Peru or Egypt in 2500 BC people were making pyramids and temples with advanced modern power tools, but the evidence for this is also ghost-like. Tunnel-holes with a few inches' diameter or less have been bored into quite hard megalithic rocks in these regions. That's impressive work for our normal conceptions of architecture from those days. But we never found the power tools. And skeptics have claimed alternate theories. So the aliens and power tools are like the "ghosts" who throw dishware in the kitchen.

13963_1297043268730_3211502_n.jpg

Core from a drilled hole in granite, discovered by Flinders Petrie at Giza in 1881.
https://eduardopiperet.wordpress.co...ience-from-the-ancient-civilization-was-lost/

Actually, I think ghosts throwing dishware are more likely to exist than the supposed power tools handed to the Egyptians and Peruvians by the aliens. With power tools I would expect to have lots of evidence, and anyway the Egyptians were literate and left written records. If they were ruled by aliens in 2600-1000 BC when they were making the pyramids and super-cool temples, they or others would have written about it. So I think the UFO "Power Tool" theory is probably wrong. Unlike Egyptian power tools that haven't been described in such detail and clarity in ancient writing, a ghost throwing dishes in someone's kitchen is not in normal circumscribed material form and we do have lots of contemporary mass media detailed accounts of ghosts and poltergeists, etc.

Anyway, you guys were pretty nice.

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.png

1st time set diagnosed symptoms and tested positive

Second time found the tick in my back and was on meds for 6 weeks. I was taken off and the bullseye was 6" diameter 2 weeks later. Went back on meds and I was one appointment from having port put in to feed me meds.
Personal opinion: IV is OK, but orals are probably at least as good. Also, the shoulder issue (the reason why you were getting PT) could be related to or exacerbated by the 1st infection.

Thanks alot. It is neat hearing a "cranky skeptic-type " actually like something I wrote. ;)

gron.0.gif

Anyway, typically mainstream scholars believe it was aliens who built the root cellars, not the native Americans.

If extraterrestrials were involved, their presence or traces at ancient sites around the world has been ghost-like. It's like if you are in your kitchen and the pots fly across the room. You have not seen a ghost throw them, you are just following circumstantial evidence or other traces.

So when it comes to New England's megaliths, let's say that nowadays UFO sightings are real and have been sometimes claimed near megalithic sites in New England. A few urban mythmakers have concluded there is a relationship. But the correlation between the sites and the sightings is really not that strong, as opposed to the sightings being any place else in New York and New England. It's not like they are hovering right over the site once a month with dozens of witnesses. It's just a curious-sounding myth.

It's neat for me to think that in Peru or Egypt in 2500 BC people were making pyramids and temples with advanced modern power tools, but the evidence for this is also ghost-like. Tunnel-holes with a few inches' diameter or less have been bored into quite hard megalithic rocks in these regions. That's impressive work for our normal conceptions of architecture from those days. But we never found the power tools. And skeptics have claimed alternate theories. So the aliens and power tools are like the "ghosts" who throw dishware in the kitchen.

13963_1297043268730_3211502_n.jpg

Core from a drilled hole in granite, discovered by Flinders Petrie at Giza in 1881.
https://eduardopiperet.wordpress.co...ience-from-the-ancient-civilization-was-lost/

Actually, I think ghosts throwing dishware are more likely to exist than the supposed power tools handed to the Egyptians and Peruvians by the aliens. With power tools I would expect to have lots of evidence, and anyway the Egyptians were literate and left written records. If they were ruled by aliens in 2600-1000 BC when they were making the pyramids and super-cool temples, they or others would have written about it. So I think the UFO "Power Tool" theory is probably wrong. Unlike Egyptian power tools that haven't been described in such detail and clarity in ancient writing, a ghost throwing dishes in someone's kitchen is not in normal circumscribed material form and we do have lots of contemporary mass media detailed accounts of ghosts and poltergeists, etc.

Anyway, you guys were pretty nice.

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.png

Giorgio Tsoukalos approves of this message
alien2.jpg

Here is my list of New England megalithic sites, including those whose "home teams" (eg. Patriots' vs. Redskins) haven't been proven yet:

1. Stone Chambers of Putney, Vermont

2. Upton Massachusetts Stone Chamber and the Pratt Hill megaliths near it

3. The megalithic alcoves near Andover, Mass. (Some have mortar, so they don't look like a reliably ancient site. But supposedly ancient tools have been found there)

4. The Goshen Chamber, in Massachusetts:
SEE: http://www.vpr.net/episode/32691/goshen-mystery/

5. Druid's Hill Stone Circle in Massachusetts
(SEE HERE: http://www.boudillion.com/druidhill/druidhill.htm)

6. Calendar I and II in Vermont (near Woodstock, VT)

7. The Danville Beehive, N.H.
(Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijD3nurkJKQ )

8. The Burnt Hill Stone Circle, Massachusetts

9. The Bellows Falls Petroglyphs (authentic Amerindian)

10. Dighton Rock (authentic Amerindian) in Massachusetts

11. The Narragansett stony fort complexes in R.I. (authentic Amerindian)

The latter include:
Queen's Fort, Wolf Rocks, Fort Ninigret, Great Swamp, Rolling Rock, and Shumunkanuc Fort in R.I.

These sites were all either described historically as having been built using stone, or are still intact enough to this very day to actually see the stone structures. One of these forts -- Queen's Fort -- is on the National Register of Historic Places as a Narragansett site.
http://rockpiles.blogspot.com/2009/09/gungywamp-society-just-plain-wrong.html
<table width="95%" border="0" align="CENTER"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table width="95%" border="0" align="CENTER"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
IMG_0001.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>"Queen's Fort", R.I.

12. Gungywamp, Conn. (mixture of Amerindian and Colonial structures)

13. Foxborough rock piles, Patriots' Hometown, Mass.
Patty*

14. Turner's Falls stones, Mass.
(SEE: http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=23016)

15. Mystery Hill / Stonehenge USA, N.H.

It is all very interesting. I am certainly convinced ancients made all of these and I am comforted by this. Man is VERY, VERY capable.

I call shenanigans. Thinking aliens may have traveled trillions of trillions of miles through space to stack rocks like a hunter, gatherer tribal survivor living in huts is so far beyond reason simply gives me pause on our evaluating capabilities. These scholars are dubious beyond measure.

People have no concept of the actual universe size in a scale that can be understood.

If you shrank our sun to this actual size -----> .

Yes, the period on this screen. Our galaxy alone is the size of the continental U.S.

For those who may plan a trek to the spot where it all began...this is not a megalith:

the-rock.jpg

Back