Asante Samuel, just an observation (not injury related)

BionicPatriot

Reaction score
I noticed he was playing an amazing game on monday before he got taken out. He did not seem to play so far off of receivers anymore, infact he was either right by the receiver, or ahead of him making a play on the ball. Maybe BB talked to him and pointed out that he was playing a bit to far off? What does everyone think..?

I didn't pay much attention to him as you did so can't really comment other than to say that Samuel has a far better ability to cover recievers than what he has showed this year.

I can't figure out why he is giving so much cushion. Either he is being ordered to do it or is struggling with his confidence and afraid of the big play.

Physically, the guy is quick enough and able to do the hip-spinny thing whatever-you-call-it that is so prized in DBs, so he is a bit of a mystery to me. BB always said that Assante has good ball skills.

I hope you are right, Bio. I still think Samuel could be bigtime some day and we could stand to see him making plays like he did Monday.

Without getting a concussion.

My sentiments on 11/14/05 are my sentiments today:

WA: "Funny you mention it, but I was going to draw an Samuel/Law comparison. Aggressive corners who got burnt A LOT their first few years in the league, but had short memories. Going back 10 years, I remember thinking, "Law is an enigma.""

The kid's got my least favorite four-letter word, "potential".

Back