Ben Watson

BuckWild

Sum Ergo Cogito
Reaction score
Hey faithful Planeteers, the eternal wanderer BuckWild here.

Another football season and another year I find myself thousands of miles away from the States. So I shall again count on you fine humans to keep me up to speed.

My question concerns B. Watson. I haven't been able to see him play yet, but his name seems to keep appearing in the stats columns. How does the guy really look on the field? I drool at the thought of him fulfilling the potential he posesses. Is he as good as he should be?

Thanks in advance.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckWild said:
Hey faithful Planeteers, the eternal wanderer BuckWild here.

Another football season and another year I find myself thousands of miles away from the States. So I shall again count on you fine humans to keep me up to speed.

My question concerns B. Watson. I haven't been able to see him play yet, but his name seems to keep appearing in the stats columns. How does the guy really look on the field? I drool at the thought of him fulfilling the potential he posesses. Is he as good as he should be?

Thanks in advance.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buck,

On one play Watson took a short pass on the left side and was immediately hit by a DB who slid down his (huge) body and tried to wrap up his ankles. Before the wrap up finished Watson did a quick little high step and ripped his legs out of the guys hands and he sprang over him and headed upfield. Two tacklers later Watson was down for a nice gain.

A simple play that Watson tacked on an extra 8 yards or so because of his athletic ability.

Last night was really the first time we got a chance to see what he will be. All night long they were using Watson on combo routes with Graham and the WRs and it appeared that the Packers were scared to death of him and followed him all over the field. This, for a guy who has really not played.

On one occasion the TEs crossed with Watson heading for the flat and PK Sam went behind them and was wide open. I think that is the kind of thing a lot of people envisioned and it is starting to happen.

We also used him several times from an H-back type set when he took a few stutter steps and then trapped a defender and that back would hit it up inside off his block. He looks like a pretty effective blocker although no Dan Graham.

The announcers were raving about him all night, how he went to Duke on an academic scholarship and then transferred to Georgia etc., and the guy looks perfectly recovered from the injury. He dropped one catchable ball, but they were all over him all night and he still caught a bunch.

Not too much downfield (if memory serves) except one play where he was wide open and the QB didn't have time to find him.

And another thing-- he catches everything in his hands. You can just see the talent oozing out of him and his frigging biceps look just like Ben Coates' except for missing the funky frat brand.

This guy is a freak of nature and he is just a pup.

We are loaded this year, my friend. Loaded.

Thanks a bunch Hawg. Knew I could count on you guys.

I shall now continue drool ing over the potential of this offense.

On the down side, this may limit Vrabels touchdowns this year. :D

I'm sure the Pat's were thrilled to see Watson excel after all the injury time. Watson was featured in the passing game where he had 6 catches with 8 yards per catch!

Graham is generally used as more of a short-yardage receiver, and of course as a blocker where he excels.

lobster said:
I'm sure the Pat's were thrilled to see Watson excel after all the injury time. Watson was featured in the passing game where he had 6 catches with 8 yards per catch!

Graham is generally used as more of a short-yardage receiver, and of course as a blocker where he excels.
with Watson drawing all the attention don't be surprised to see Graham start to make a name for himself also. Soon he will not get the notice deserved and will start making plays going up the middle of the field. with speed like Branch, Davis and Dwight the safeties will start cheating out and Dan the Man will bust a few seams

Back