• Jerry Jones for VCast

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

FallingAlice

V'Ger
Reaction score
There were some good ones tonight. Better than last Superbowl.

It was tough. Jerry Jones did a superb job for Vcast and the Harley Davidson, painful goodnight ad was masterful.

But I have to go with, "We're a metaphor, Tom."

I was glad to see Southwest back at it. I've liked almost every one they've done. The towel snap was ok, but the kids with the beer helmets and body paint was great. Especially the backwards G.

Moebius said:
I was glad to see Southwest back at it. I've liked almost every one they've done. The towel snap was ok, but the kids with the beer helmets and body paint was great. Especially the backwards G.

Damn. I missed that.

Benign Despot said:
Local commercial for Dunkin Donuts featuring Troy Brown doing all kinds of odd jobs around Gillette stadium.

The final bit. Troy: Your new ring is almost ready Mr. Kraft

Nice touch

I agree. That was also my favorite commercial.:thumb:

Annihilus was talking to Annihilus last night and they agreed that the Jerry Jones commercial was pretty damn funny, even though neither of them likes Jerry Jones. The metaphor commercial was great too, and the Pepsi machine add and Coors ads were so/so. The unlucky out of state viewers don't get to see the Dunkin' Donuts commercials as they are a local deal (no - there aren't Dunkin' Donuts every 10 feet everywhere else.....but you can find a hell of a lot of Bagel shops in MN).

That being said - wonder how much other fans will REALLY start to hate the Pats after seeing them all over TV commercials now? It seemed non-stop. Bad enough they have to win all the Superbowls, now they're taking over your TV. :D

Annihilus said:
The unlucky out of state viewers don't get to see the Dunkin' Donuts commercials as they are a local deal (no - there aren't Dunkin' Donuts every 10 feet everywhere else.....but you can find a hell of a lot of Bagel shops in MN).
They're always screwing us down here in Connecticut. First, they give us the Pats and then take them away. Then they show us just one measly preseason game a year. And now no Troy Brown!!! I hope there is a hell for those who so cruelly abuse us Connectitians (or whatever they call us... I've been here only 1 1/2 years, so I haven't picked up all the lingo).

That being said - wonder how much other fans will REALLY start to hate the Pats after seeing them all over TV commercials now? It seemed non-stop. Bad enough they have to win all the Superbowls, now they're taking over your TV. :D
You're missing the genius behind this. You might think this is Bob or Jonathan Kraft's money-making idea or the players' idea. It's all BB. He knows the old "They think we suck!" routine has totally run its course. No one is buying it any more. He needs a new motivational tool. It's now "They hate us because we're so damn talented and likeable. They want us to lose because they're jealous!" You want to feed that, play it up. That way, Rodney will continue ripping guys' heads off.

--James

Annihilus said:
Annihilus was talking to Annihilus last night and they agreed that the Jerry Jones commercial was pretty damn funny, even though neither of them likes Jerry Jones. The metaphor commercial was great too, and the Pepsi machine add and Coors ads were so/so. The unlucky out of state viewers don't get to see the Dunkin' Donuts commercials as they are a local deal (no - there aren't Dunkin' Donuts every 10 feet everywhere else.....but you can find a hell of a lot of Bagel shops in MN).

What the hell is wrong with your avatar?

Brady's was the best BTW.

Benign Despot said:
Connect-i-cut is not and has never been part of New England. It is a giant suburb of New York. The only way to improve the situation is to move.

Admit it James, there are more Pats fans in Minnisota than in Conn.
What you're saying is true down here in the southwest corner. We're 45 minutes from NYC, so it's all Jets this, Giants that, Steelers blah blah. And most of 'em are Yankees fans.

At least I can look down condescendingly on all my neighbors. ;)

--James

KenJr30 said:

What do you mean 'what's wrong with your avatar'? It's seen Annihilus to two Superbowls.....you can't ask for much more than that.

Annihilus said:
What do you mean 'what's wrong with your avatar'? It's seen Annihilus to two Superbowls.....you can't ask for much more than that.

Ken apologize. Ken did not know Anni's avatar took Anni to 2 SB's.:thumb:

KenJr30 said:
James also misses that goofy green avatar. He (James that is, not the goofy green avatar) found the goofy green avatar discomforting at first, but it grew on him, and now he's sad to see it no more.

He also thinks KenJr has lousy taste in football teams but great taste in avatars... aside from the aforementioned team issue and how that impacts his avatar selection.

--James

Benign Despot said:
Local commercial for Dunkin Donuts featuring Troy Brown doing all kinds of odd jobs around Gillette stadium.

The final bit. Troy: Your new ring is almost ready Mr. Kraft

Nice touch

Definitely the best of the bunch. :thumb:

Back