Blame me

dropKickMurphy

Reaction score
It's time for me to come clean. I am responsible for the jinx that has befallen the Patriots since their last championship.

A mere 2 days after the Pats defeated the Eagles, I suggested that the main forum of Patriots Planet be named "The Three Ring Circus"

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=106411#post106411

I felt this name would not only honor the accomplishments of our team, but would also accurately describe the follies that occurred on a daily basis in our little corner of the web.

Enough planeteers seem to have agreed that the title was adopted.

Little did I realize how far the fates would go in order to maintain the permanency of that name over the years. The collapse in the AFC Championship game in Indy, the injury to Brady, the Super Bowl that shall not be mentioned; as well as its sequel mere days ago. All that and more have been a direct result of my innocent, but ill advised suggestion.

So, I formally apologize to Patriots fans everywhere.

Allow me to do the right thing, and commit hari kari.

Sayonara.

Maybe we should start calling it the Four Ring Circus or just the Many Ring Circus?

JHC... It never occurred to me that the "three ring" portion of this was a reference to anything other than a circus. And I figured the "circus" aspect was because Off Topic is not fully house broken.

Back