Bruins Alumni Game

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Thank you to Mikie, HipKat, Dwight and others who convinced me to go see this game yesterday. So much fun. They played a game against the Watertown coaches for charity and then a little exhibition with the Mites from the Youth Hockey program in Watertown. It was the highlight of the day.

Rick Middleton (my favorite Bruin as a kid), Terry O'Reilly, Bobby Carpenter, Ken Hodge, Glenn Featherstone and a bunch of others (no Bourque, Lemelin, Linseman, Crowder or Raycroft)

Middleton, Bobby Carpenter and the autographs.

Great afternoon and I got back in time to see the Pats.

I've been to a few and in one game I knew the Goalie for the Washington Generals team, he was a very good mens league goalie who was made to look like a fool after a couple of nice saves.

in a different one, O'Reilly, the man who tripped over the blue line twice a night for the Bruins, jumped up, put his ass on the boards, slid by the defender as he rode the boards, landed on his feet, grabbed the puck and embarrassed the goalie.

these guys playing around, at age 60ish, are still skating circles around most of the competition.

so much fun at these games, glad you enjoyed yourself. Plus Hockey players are a different breed, they are mostly great guys.

I've played in three of these, what a thrill! Scored in one of them!

Yeah, O'Reilly was giving their best player a hard time (all in fun) hooking him and bumping him every time their paths crossed. They had a couple female players on the other team and at one point Shoebottom made a run at one of them as if to blast her into the boards. She went fetal but he just veered last minute and crashed into the boards on purpose.

In the autograph line, all the guys kept thanking us for coming out.

Great experience.

Back