Danny Ainge Blasts Rajon Rondo Rumors

-Scar-

Decimate this account, please. Thanks.
Reaction score
<iframe src="http://news.bostonherald.com/includes/processAds.bg?position=Middle&companion=Top,Right,Middle,Middle1,Bottom&page=bh.heraldinteractive.com%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fceltics%2Farticle" bordercolor="#efefef" id="i_middle" name="i_middle" vspace="0" hspace="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="display: none;" frameborder="0" height="250" scrolling="no" width="300"> ;Ainge didn’t deny that someone in his organization contacted Detroit. But he also shot down speculation that the Celtics are trying to trade Rondo based on his behavior - such as his tardy arrival for a home game against Orlando in the playoffs, which Rondo said happened because he was sitting in his car in the parking lot - or his desire for what is certain to be a hefty contract extension. &amp;quot;I’m not sure why his name keeps popping up, but I’ll tell you this: We love Rajon, and I think everyone in here knows what kind of a player he is and what kind of a bright future he has,” Ainge said before watching five draft prospects work out. I’m not going to comment on which trade rumors are true and which ones aren’t true, but it’s amazing. And I hope you can all maintain your integrity in this world of media that we live in. It doesn’t seem that you have to have any source anymore. You can just write stuff and print stuff and things just come out of the air. It’s a little bit frustrating at times because I have to manage those players and their agents and their mothers and their wives . . . in some cases their children. The one thing I can assure you - I will never sit up here and say there is one player that is untradeable ever,” Ainge continued. “But the notion we might be trading him because of some reason other than we think we can be better trading any player because of any (other) reason (is not true). Because of his contract situation, I’ve heard speculation. I’ve heard speculation of we’re dissatisfied with him or his attitude. That stuff is so false. He showed up late for a playoff game so we’re going to trade him. None of those things are true. We love the kid and we think he has a very bright future.”&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;And then there was this:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;“I don’t anticipate any trades happening in this offseason involving any of our core players,” Ainge said.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;This doesn’t mean that Ainge isn’t open to the right offer.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But the bar has been set high for a deal that could pry away one of his main players. The operative word here is player, as opposed to high draft pick.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;/p&gt;[/quote]</iframe>
2791a2790b_ainge_06242009.jpg

“I’m not sure why his name keeps popping up, but I’ll tell you this: We love Rajon, and I think everyone in here knows what kind of a player he is and what kind of a bright future he has,” Ainge said before watching five draft prospects work out. I’m not going to comment on which trade rumors are true and which ones aren’t true, but it’s amazing. And I hope you can all maintain your integrity in this world of media that we live in. It doesn’t seem that you have to have any source anymore. You can just write stuff and print stuff and things just come out of the air. It’s a little bit frustrating at times because I have to manage those players and their agents and their mothers and their wives . . . in some cases their children. The one thing I can assure you - I will never sit up here and say there is one player that is untradeable ever,” Ainge continued. “But the notion we might be trading him because of some reason other than we think we can be better trading any player because of any (other) reason (is not true). Because of his contract situation, I’ve heard speculation. I’ve heard speculation of we’re dissatisfied with him or his attitude. That stuff is so false. He showed up late for a playoff game so we’re going to trade him. None of those things are true. We love the kid and we think he has a very bright future.”

And then there was this:

“I don’t anticipate any trades happening in this offseason involving any of our core players,” Ainge said.

This doesn’t mean that Ainge isn’t open to the right offer.

But the bar has been set high for a deal that could pry away one of his main players. The operative word here is player, as opposed to high draft pick.

Source:Boston Herald

I'll take the Rapist for 200
celebrity_jeopardy_connery.jpg

ROFL

Here is the problem, the Celtics know they aren't going to keep Rondo after this season because the guy wants a freakin max contract. There is no way he is worth that. They'd rather spend that money on a guy like Dwayne Wade or Lebron James (probably not gonna happen but just work with me here). So they probably figure they should at least get something for him before that happens. The problem is that the Celts know they have a legit chance at winning the Championship next year if they stay healthy and keeping Rondo gives them the best chance NEXT YEAR.

Back