Deflategate Full Circle

Certainly Wentz has performed very well so far and level of competition was the big knock on him as it was with Jimmy coming out of E. Illinois. In addition, he played at a school that is the only game in town and the program and it's star QB were put on a pedestal to the point where you had to wonder what would happen if and when he failed in front of the Philly "faithful" and got blasted, which will likely happen at some point. As I've said before Jimmy played in front of wives and girlfriends for a school that is not exactly a football factory.

Wentz is bigger than Jimmy, but in terms of draft status I'm not really sure what attributes made one of them the overall 2 and the other the 62nd. All I can come up with is height and frame, but draft slot should be a minor factor when all is weighed.

Will some teams have concerns that Jimmy might not be able to take a pounding? That is possible since he got hurt in his second game on a fairly routine sack, but it could be written off as simply shit luck.

Bottom line is if we are going to move Jimmy and go with Tom for as long as he can be GOAT-like then the Pats are going to be looking for a hell of a lot more than a first and a fourth or we might as well as well hang on to him for insurance if Brady gets hurt and take our chances.

We'd never trade him to the Jets, but they've been looking for a QB for 40 years. You think they wouldn't part with a shitload of picks to end that drought if they could and try to get over on the Pats in the process?

The next Drew Brees. That is what some team is going to see in Jimmy and they'll be quite generous to get him in their uniform.

It's going to be very interesting and we are in control of the process.

That's EXACTLY who I saw when watching his college tape before his draft. That's why I had the Pats tabbing him.

The potential of going from GOAT to the next Brees is truthfully more tempting to me than a boatload of picks. The wildcard is Brady's longevity.

I don't know where the F we are with that.

Back